Upgrade SD satnav to non-SD satnav

ICE, Equipment, Options
QashOwner23
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by QashOwner23 »

To be fair I may have misunderstood the issue . On a call at the weekend from my partner who was in the QQ I could hear my own voice echo back so will swap the mic at some point

NissanK14
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by NissanK14 »

Hello to all of you.
I just register only to thank you for the job you all did in this thread.
I wanted to replace the HU in my wife's Micra K14 from 2018 from a radio with Apple Car play only to HU which supports Android Auto.
In NISSAN dealership they said that this is not possible and even NISSAN doesn't support that.
You all proved here that this is possible and I started my own project.
It is almost done. The only thing which is missing is the sec. key adaptation between the car and the HU (already have an apponitment on Nov. 9th).
The information here were pretty valuable but not exactely precise for the Micra K14.
The wiring harness has a lot in common but there are some differences in the wiring between QQ and Micra K14.
So far I was able to test the new HU in the car (sometimes I am tweaking with the HU during the startup and eventhough I have "RED" error message I am able to overcome the "RED" message and operate the HU as if it would be unlocked).
I have pretty simple car setup - reverse cam., hands free and steering wheel control and all this is working fine.
Navigation and the Android Auto works perfect.
I also read here about some issues with volume and haven't experience it so far, besides the new HU has better sound and volume with the same speakers.
Below you can see my wiring harness including the antenna one.
BTW: I have bought couple of antenna connectors GT13SHB-2/1S-HU (picture also attached). If someone is interested I can sell.
Unfortunately I am from Czech Rep. so some postage will apply.
You can find it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285531509534
Send me a message if you are looking for this connector.

Harness.jpg

Antena.jpg

Antena-1.jpg

GT13-1.jpg

GT13-2.jpg

GT13-3.jpg

GT13-4.jpg

GT13-All.jpg

19ellie69

Post by 19ellie69 »

Has no sorted the park assist issue yet???
NissanTI

Post by NissanTI »

Hi Everyone

I've also managed to change my HU to the new one thanks to the help of this thread. I have one issue remaining the new HU I got is programmed for a RHD car and I live in Albania where we have LHD. Does anyone know how this can be changed?
maron
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by maron »

Sloved
nc-ninety

Post by nc-ninety »

Hi all,

Signed up to say thank you all for all the hard work on this project! It’s been so useful and some really good information.

Just completed the install for my 2017 X-Trail Tekna, annd it’s all working… except the front speakers are really loud and the rears are really quiet.

I think it might be that the head unit is from a non-Bose car and mine is Bose.

Absolute gutted! I’ve even tried calling a few Nissan garages locally and none of them are willing to re-configure the head unit from Base to Bose.

On the lookout for another head unit with Bose / 360 cameras and Park Assist if anyone has one? Is there any easy way to identify which models have Bose enabled from the P/N?

Thanks again,

Nathan
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Have you checked the fade option in the menu for front and rear speakers
Darryl C

Post by Darryl C »

nc-ninety wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:53 pm Hi all,

Signed up to say thank you all for all the hard work on this project! It’s been so useful and some really good information.

Just completed the install for my 2017 X-Trail Tekna, annd it’s all working… except the front speakers are really loud and the rears are really quiet.

Absolute gutted! I’ve even tried calling a few Nissan garages locally and none of them are willing to re-configure the head unit from Base to Bose.

On the lookout for another head unit with Bose / 360 cameras and Park Assist if anyone has one? Is there any easy way to identify which models have Bose enabled from the P/N?

Thanks again,

Nathan
Mine is a non-bose in a bose 2018 x-trail and i don't have this issue.
2018 Xtrail TI
nc-ninety

Post by nc-ninety »

Darryl C wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:05 pm
nc-ninety wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:53 pm Hi all,

Thanks again,

Nathan
Mine is a non-bose in a bose 2018 x-trail and i don't have this issue.
Would you mind sharing your pin configuration? I’ve checked mine against a few different diagrams and all appears ok.

In the time being, I’ve configured mine to be 90% rear, 10% front and it seems ok.