Washer fluid not running through

Frequently Asked Questions
Drjones102
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Drjones102 »

I had this problem. Pump can be heard running but no water coming through. The non return valve is a possibility but before you get one from Nissan at £26 try knocking the pump and give it a wiggle.
There apparently is some sort of diverter that sends water to the front or rear and it gets stuck.
Did this on mine and all well again.

Drjones102
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Drjones102 »

Update. Appear to have fixed this issue. Knocking the pump worked for a bit. There was gunk in the tank from previous additives. I fixed by running compressed air down the line. Remove the joining top left under the bonnet to do this. I did it for about 5 minutes. Then I emptied the bottle and put disinfectant in overnight. Next day pumped that out as it wouldn't be good on paint and refilled with water. Cured. Hope that helps.
Iany
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Iany »

Very happy as I had exactly this problem. Washer fluid flowing well everywhere except through this little splitter T thingy. I poked about in it for ages as didn't realise it had a spring plunger. Tried heating and forcing soapy water through (in case gunged up) but nothing cleared it. Resorted to drilling out as Retrocom described and it works like a dream! Like I said, very happy!
Retrocom wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am Just had exactly the same problem, I took off the windscreen wipers, heat shield and retaining clips along the front of the wiper cowling, then found a small piping splitter/diverter behind it all which I found to be the culprit. There is a small inlet pipe at its base and it T's off at the top for each spray nozzle. I then just got a 3mm drill bit and drilled it straight through the upper pipe from one side to the other drilling out what is probably some kind of spring loaded plunger mechanism, problem solved!, all working really well now

IMG_4978.jpg
Wolfman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Wolfman »

Great thread.
My Qashqai has never had a decent spray on the front screen and recently the passenger side was terrible. It was literally a dribble :D
Removed the jets and swapped them to the opposite sides and the issue stayed on the passenger side.
I found the splitter just underneath the drivers side jet removed it and drilled it out (straight through) with a 3.5mm drill bit. Reassembled and it works great. Thanks.