Front impact prevention

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
korky

Post by korky »

True technology this.

jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

Tbh I cant remember what happened to the clutch I was too busy sweating like a pregnant Nun and my backside blowing!!!
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

I just wonder whether this does not interfere with the usual situation where a driver would like to overtake another car, so usually we all tend to come as close as possible to the car being overran. But I hope that this is somehow taken care of.
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Yes, this can be overridden.
tekna cvt mag red
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="andrewjoseph"]Yes, this can be overridden.[/QUOTE]
So a determined man still knows better and can do whatever he wishes!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
dave

Post by dave »

well thats great, its good to know it does its job,Jukester i feel for you at least it prevented an embarrasment ,I had the misfortune to hit Jane Torvill up the rear, if she drove as good as she skates i wouldnt have lost 3 years NCB.Thanks all for your input Dave
jamo
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The only thing I can think of on a manual, rather than having to deal with the clutch which is a waste of braking power, it could just kill the ignition/injectors which would essentially "stall" the engine but in return give a bit of engine braking... makes sense really but no idea if it does!
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

This wouldn't fit well with giving the user option to override
tekna cvt mag red
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="andrewjoseph"]This wouldn't fit well with giving the user option to override[/QUOTE]
I interpreted that as being able to disable the feature rather than being able to stop it braking half way through!
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

You can disable it in settings, or you can override once it kicks in.I'd rather not disable a safety feature, but it is nice to know I can boot the accelerator down if I need to.
tekna cvt mag red