Parking sensor system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Inside it looks like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254433773882

That is the J10 one, but the description says "Suitable for speaker inside Part No. 256506024R" which is the part number also for J11. And it does look identical to the J11 one once you open the casing (the pins look slightly thicker though).

So I think the plastic shell is different between J10 and J11 but the internal buzzer/speaker is the same.

That part says "brand new" so I may give that one a go and put it inside the plastic shell of the one that came from Lithuania.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are 12v Piezo Buzzers here for a couple of quid...+P&P of course

https://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/abi-0 ... 20sounders

There could be a problem though because the Sonar Processor Unit is likely measuring current draw for the buzzer device...hence system error warnings.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Joko
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Joko »

I have just followed this thread with the same issues, parking light is flashing and continues to flash even if I turn off the front or back sensors. So I ordered a replacement speaker and just fitted, however this didn’t fix it.

Any ideas on what to try/test next?
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Yeah, mine was the same in the end, speaker wasn't at fault. Had them check it at the next service, and it turned out there had been a very minor bump at the rear left of the car (so minor I hadn't noticed till someone showed me), slight scrape around that sensor. Probably someone on a car park.

So it just needs the actual sensor replacing, which i think are about £30. However, it involves taking off the entire rear bumper to get to it, so they couldn't give me a quote other than it could be "quite expensive due to time involved".

So probably need to take to an indie to replace it - unless they were lying and its easier than they say and DIY possible? Anyone know?

In the meantime, I've turned off rear sensors in the settings, so just got the front one now and have to rely on my camera + eyes for rear
Joko

Post by Joko »

Argh. Is it easy to figure out which sensor is broken, so you know?

Both front and back aren’t working on mine so I was thinking it could be a different problem than a sensor being the culprit.

Anyone know which fuse these are on?
Dumdumdum

Post by Dumdumdum »

Joko wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:30 pm Argh. Is it easy to figure out which sensor is broken, so you know?

Both front and back aren’t working on mine so I was thinking it could be a different problem than a sensor being the culprit.

Did you manage to resolve your sensor problem Joko?

I've same issue with neither front or rear working. I've replaced the rear buzzer as it was a cheap and easy DIY but no joy and didn't resolve my problem.

I've tried testing the sensors as was suggested in a previous thread. Press the start button but don't turn on the car put into reverse (camera displays) and listen to each sensor. Problem is I can't get any response from as any sensor. Should the engine be turned on for the sensors to actually work? In which case you could need someone sitting in the car whilst the other person checks the sensors
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Dumdumdum wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:29 pm
Joko wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:30 pm Argh. Is it easy to figure out which sensor is broken, so you know?

I've same issue with neither front or rear working. I've replaced the rear buzzer as it was a cheap and easy DIY but no joy and didn't resolve my problem.

I've tried testing the sensors as was suggested in a previous thread. Press the start button but don't turn on the car put into reverse (camera displays) and listen to each sensor. Problem is I can't get any response from as any sensor. Should the engine be turned on for the sensors to actually work? In which case you could need someone sitting in the car whilst the other person checks the sensors
Have you tried going into your system settings (on the dash under driver assistance) - you can turn off either the front/back or both. If I turn off the back, the front ones work. If I enable the back, the entire system goes into fault.
I did have it checked at the service and they pointed out there was a faulty one at the rear left (where I'd had a slight bump, obviously damaging the sensor). I've just had the rear ones disabled since, as replacing the extreme left/right rear ones needs a lot of labour as you have to take off the whole back of the car (or so they said).
Dumdumdum

Post by Dumdumdum »

chrisw99 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:57 pm

Have you tried going into your system settings (on the dash under driver assistance) - you can turn off either the front/back or both. If I turn off the back, the front ones work. If I enable the back, the entire system goes into fault.
I did have it checked at the service and they pointed out there was a faulty one at the rear left (where I'd had a slight bump, obviously damaging the sensor). I've just had the rear ones disabled since, as replacing the extreme left/right rear ones needs a lot of labour as you have to take off the whole back of the car (or so they said).
Hey, yup I've tried disabling front and rear and neither work independently. Might be possible I've a broken sensor on both front and back. Would be good to try isolate with ones are at fault.
Joko

Post by Joko »

I didn’t mate unfortunately. I have also gone around the car to see if I can hear clicking and I can’t hear anything at all. If it is a sensor fault, I’d probably try to do it myself but it’s diagnosing which sensor is at fault.

Anyone know if plugging this into a OBD thing would tell me ?
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

According to J11A diagnostics you could receive an OBD Sonar sensor DTC in the range B272X. Ten of them incl. for the Sonar Controller and Buzzer. A hexadecimal count where X = 0 thru C not including 4,5,6,7 and 8. That leaves the 8 sensors in total
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta