Parking sensor system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
Misho
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Misho »

Thanks to everybody here. I had the same problem. I ordered the part from a part store here in Bulgaria. It was 14 euro. I was able to locate it. It was hard getting it out. After replacing it, everything works fine. Here are pictures for those who can't find it. It is located just under the rear small window above the seat belt mechanism.

IMG_20210217_162835.jpg

IMG_20210217_163105.jpg

chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

My rear sensor has failed, 2014 model. Assuming it's the buzzer like most on here.

Thanks for all the previous posters I should be able to replace this buzzer fairly easily. I did notice all I need to do is clip off a small part of the panel from in the boot and I can see the buzzer with a torch and actually squeeze my hand onto it, but doubt I can replace it one handed :)

Does anyone know what the fault is with the buzzers, is it possible this could be repaired? I guess any cheap 3rd party sensor would probably do, if the 2 wires can get connected together.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

chrisw99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:09 am My rear sensor has failed, 2014 model. Assuming it's the buzzer like most on here.

Thanks for all the previous posters I should be able to replace this buzzer fairly easily. I did notice all I need to do is clip off a small part of the panel from in the boot and I can see the buzzer with a torch and actually squeeze my hand onto it, but doubt I can replace it one handed :)

Does anyone know what the fault is with the buzzers, is it possible this could be repaired? I guess any cheap 3rd party sensor would probably do, if the 2 wires can get connected together.
Looks like a mini speaker driver insert available? J10 version here and likely different plug on J11 of course:

eBay heading PARKING AID BUZZER SPEAKER (NO SHELL) NISSAN QASHQAI J10 2010-13 25640JD000

Stupid URL:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254433773882 ... a47a039761
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I was looking at this...

As it's only £8 and delivery tomorrow.

Compatible with Seat/Volkswagen/Audi etc.

But a buzzer is a buzzer at the end of the day, connectors may be different but its only connecting 2 wires to 2 wires and I'm sure I could bodge that.

Mainly thinking of confirming that it IS the buzzer at fault before I spend a lot more on the proper part. Is there anyway to test the buzzer is faulty once removed?

It does seem to be the same issue mentioned on here - disable rear sensors in the vehicle settings and the front ones start working again. All 4 sensors on the rear bumper physically look ok. The buzzer was working fine the day before though (hear it every day reversing onto my drive) so can they just stop working one day??
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

chrisw99 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:53 am I was looking at this...

As it's only £8 and delivery tomorrow.

Compatible with Seat/Volkswagen/Audi etc.

But a buzzer is a buzzer at the end of the day, connectors may be different but its only connecting 2 wires to 2 wires and I'm sure I could bodge that.

Mainly thinking of confirming that it IS the buzzer at fault before I spend a lot more on the proper part. Is there anyway to test the buzzer is faulty once removed?

It does seem to be the same issue mentioned on here - disable rear sensors in the vehicle settings and the front ones start working again. All 4 sensors on the rear bumper physically look ok. The buzzer was working fine the day before though (hear it every day reversing onto my drive) so can they just stop working one day??
It appears to be a passive speaker and tweeter type at that. Likely fails as any other speaker with a coil/cone jamming or open circuit coil. Nothing about it in diagnostics so not clear what it really is. You need to take a look at its internals first.

Testing it is awkward unless you have an old small speaker
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I got a new speaker, like for like, so it was a 1 min job to replace.
However, the rear sensors still don't work and the light flashes, so looks like it wasn't the speaker.

Do the sensors themselves fail? Easy to replace? How would I know which of the 4 has failed, or will I need to replace them all one by one?

Anything else it could be?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

chrisw99 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:27 am I got a new speaker, like for like, so it was a 1 min job to replace.
However, the rear sensors still don't work and the light flashes, so looks like it wasn't the speaker.

Do the sensors themselves fail? Easy to replace? How would I know which of the 4 has failed, or will I need to replace them all one by one?

Anything else it could be?
Not much easy helpful info on it. Its 4 sensors + two speaker/buzzer (front/rear) and a Sonar Control Unit. Plus other inputs like Reverse select and some Data Comm (CAN BUS)

Diagnostics do list sensor type issues. Perhaps you might swap sensors/check connectors?

Scree36.png

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deckelpc

Post by Deckelpc »

You can easily test/check the sensors, switch the ignition on but don’t start the engine. Slip the car into reverse, get down beside each sensor and listen carefully. You should hear a very faint “tick” “tick” “tick” type of sound. When you find one that doesn’t make the sound then that sensor is broken. If you remove the sensor I’m sure you will find one on either amazon or eBay cheaply. (I expect if you went to Nissan they’ll cost an arm & a leg!)
2018 1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta - Nightshade
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I can't hear any that are ticking, but the system goes into "parking sensor system fault" instantly the ignition is on, so not sure if it's actually turning them on.

I'm starting to suspect the replacement speaker (used part from Lithuania I found on ebay) is also duff.

I found this youtube video that shows if you put 9v across one of these type of speakers it should buzz...

but when I try it, it just makes a clicky scratchy noise.

Might be best to just try a brand new speaker now, if that still doesn't work I could probably sell it on ebay as new and not lose too much £££.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

You may have something thats faulty. The diagnostics for Sonar sensing shows the device to be a buzzer.....not a speaker. A battery driven speaker will click and you would see its cone move.

If you open it and its a buzzer there won't be a speaker cone.

These Buzzers can cause errors (DTCs) so likely you will see a system message? Likely short or open circuit and including wiring harness faults..

Diagnostic diagrams show a second "Front sonar buzzer" installed under/near the throttle/clutch pedals. Info is from US J11a QQ diagnostics.

see item 4 in the pic...(if its there?)
item 9 is rear buzzer

Scre02.png

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta