Airbag light constantly on J11a

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Hi guys,

First fault found on my J11a black edition, when the car is on and running the airbag light is constantly on. Not flashing as many have encountered just on permanently. I have been looking for ways to reset the airbags online but can only find instructions for the j10 which I tried with no joy. Car is booked in for next week but would like to know how to reset if this will resolve in future without needing to go to the stealership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ianvalkyrie

Post by Ianvalkyrie »

This was some time ago so i assume the Garage sorted it out, could you or anybody else give me a heads up on the causes? My daughters car also has the Red Airbag light on (came on about a week ago) with the error code B0001 Driver Air Bag module open ? I hope its just a wiring issue as we have also had issues with blower motor which i resolved by reseating all the eletrical connectors to the Motor, ballast resistor etc.
Any suggestion would be appreciated so i can try repair before it goes to Dealer £££££££
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

B0001 DRIVER AIR BAG MODULE (Steering Wheel & Spiral Cable Area)
Thats an awkward DTC No. because there are some six sub codes (2 digit) that identify the exact problem. As follows:

POSSIBLE CAUSE

[B0001–00, B0001–09, B0001–1A]
• Connection malfunction or short circuit of harness and connector
• Internal malfunction of driver air bag module
• Internal malfunction of air bag diagnosis sensor unit
[B0001–11]
• Connection malfunction or short circuit to ground of harness and connector
[B0001–12]
• Connection malfunction or short circuit to power supply of harness and connector
[B0001–13]
• Connection malfunction or open circuit of harness and connector
FAIL-SAFE

The theory is that on detection of the DTCs the Air bag system is disabled. Its a risky area for DIY work.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

The Qashqai is known to suffer from "clock spring" issues - the electrical connection which allows the steering wheel to rotate.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Newbie123

Post by Newbie123 »

Good day everyone.

My 14 Plate J11 Qashqai also has its Airbag light permanently on.
I disconnected the head unit and airbag light with the aircon buttons when I installed a new radio... I reconnected the battery before reconnecting those light (not thinking anything will happen) now the Airbag Lights are permanently on.

Does anyone know how to reset them please? There are no codes visibile on the OBD scanner. And disconnecting the Battery and leaving it over night does not help either...

Thanks for any help you can offer
TheSmoke95

Post by TheSmoke95 »

I also now have same issue after disconnecting my stereo for more than 30 mins as this hasn’t happened before! I’m just hoping it still actually works and light just a little hiccup! Will check fuse later