Exhaust Pressure Sensor Location

ICE, Equipment, Options
Horoclock

Post by Horoclock »

Hello all.

Previous Nissan Note owner here, used to be a member on the Note owners forum.

I traded my BMW M135i in against a 2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ about 2 weeks ago. Everything was great, I enjoyed the first week of driving up and down the M6 without having my spine shattered by every pothole I hit.

About a week ago, as I arrived home from a 90 mile journey, the dash displayed a multitude of errors.

Chassis control system fault
Collision detection fault
Stop start fault

I also had the traction control/stability light come on (not sure what it was exactly) for a short while, which knocked out my cruise control too.

Car hasnt gone in to limp mode, everything is fine. I changed the battery for a brand new one as I had a read up and saw people with similar issues getting it resolved that way. No joy.

The warnings are gone each morning and come back on near the end of my commute (86 miles).

I bought an OBD reader and it's giving me a P0470 - exhaust pressure sensor fault.

Does anybody know the location of this just so I can have a quick check to see if it's loose or dirty? Thanks very much guys.

rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

I’m having the same symptoms and fault code. Does anyone know where this sensor is located? Just completed a 200+ mike journey to Heathrow and had this happen. Any help appreciated.

My car is a J11 Tekna 1.5dci
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Some J11 1.5dCi (K9K) engine info re exhaust pressure sensor:

exhaustsensor1.jpg

exhaustsensor2.jpg

exhaustsensor3.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Horoclock

Post by Horoclock »

This issue seems to have stopped happening for me after I stopped putting V-Power diesel in the car which is strange. I have had it happen only periodically since, and I can make it happen by accelerating hard in 3rd gear. Not sure what it is.
Pcooper1982
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pcooper1982 »

Hi all

I’m new to the qashqai world and having a bit of trouble with he car.

After 10 seconds of driving - all the errors trigger on the dashboard...

Stop start error
Chassis control fault
Engine management light
Stability / traction control light and errors

Error code - P0470 as per the above

And

P380 - glow plug / heater circuit a malfunction

Couple of questions

Re the replacement of the exhaust pressure sensor - is this a Nissan only part? Also is there a clearer / simplistic diagram available? Would love a link to Haynes workshop manual - but do t think these exists for the mk2

Re the glow plug / heater circuit a malfunction - believe this is to be the relay and not the heat plug - please could one of you guys point me in the direction of the relay - or your guidance of I’m going about this all wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Many thanks

Paul
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Hi , I had a look at sorting out my sensor problem. I was able to disconnect & remove the exhaust pressure sensor, but I think the pipe that goes from the sensor to the manifold is blocked... I tried to romove the pipe but failed as I couldn’t quite get to where it is connected to the manifold. Is there an easier way to unblock the pipe or, is there a better way to remove it? I was trying from above... but could not quite reach it properly.
Last edited by rolledstone on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
Hound

Post by Hound »

It doesn't describe the pipe's removal from the manifold - just shows a sealing nut and a torque
setting; 10 ft-lbs isn't much, so it may be that there's some threadlock keeping it tightly in place.

manifold.jpg

Pcooper1982

Post by Pcooper1982 »

So - replaced the exhaust pressure sensor - clear the ECU - however all errors came back after 1 min of run ( full faults )

What should I look at next?
Pcooper1982

Post by Pcooper1982 »

Also - who knows the location of the glow plug relay on j11 1.5d qashqai? Thanks
Hound

Post by Hound »

If the glow plug control unit is the same thing, it's here:

glow1.jpg

glow2.jpg