FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

I
will be attempting do this tomorrow. I have bought InPhase USW10 300W but still
need to verify couple of things before I will break something.

What is the
middle console box? Is it armrest you are referring to and the back of it which
can be taken off from back seat? Where is the best place to start splitting this
apart?

Thanks

Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Yes it is the armrest, if you sit in the backseat, grab into the big hole on top, and pull it towards you, it should snap right off
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Unsuccessful day.I have managed to connect my system of InPhase USW10 but for some reason no sound. I have connected 12V positive (blue wire) from socket on the back of armrest and negative I attached to earth point under seat. Then followed your instructions and I have found two wires on both sides with the same colour codding wrap around each other.Connected them appropriately but no sound.I have checked if there is 12 positive supplies on the end of the fused cable just before goes into subwoofer so I know it receive power. But there is absolutely nothing coming out of the speaker; not even buzz. It looks like there is no any power supply connected.I have attached diagram from my manuals so hopefully someone will point me in right direction. For now I wonder what do I have to do with blue/white wire on diagram; is it playing any role in this? Also according to the same diagram I should use gray/black strip wire and Gray wire connected to positive side of left and right speaker. However I have been supplied additionally with another two wires (white/black strip and white) which would make more sense as two wires goes to left speaker and another two to right.I have tried all combinations anyway but no luck.What do I do with blue/white wire; can that be left unattached?Any help will be appreciated.
ippopy2014-04-24 21:39:42
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

From what I can see the blue/white wire has to have a +12v connection before the sub-woofer will work, it usually gets this as a control signal from the audio system/stereo/head unit when it's switched on.On the Pioneer unit Blackbox100 just connected it to the main +12v feed from the console socket so the sub is powered up as soon as the car is "switched on" by pressing the start/stop button.
phaedra2014-04-24 21:46:42
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I don't want to appear to bee a party pooper on the subject, but the following can apply if excess noise is applied."If the vehicle is in a public area or on the public highway, powers under Regulation 97 of the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 to prohibit the use of a vehicle emitting avoidable excessive noise. If in a particular case playing a stereo at excessive volume amounted to driving without reasonable consideration for others contrary to Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and was causing or was likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance, the driver may be liable to having his vehicle seized under the provisions of Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002" I am aware of this as my son was charged after overtaking a police car on a dual carriageway. He was also advised it could invalidate his insurance and his insurers should be updated of the modification
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I'm sure these guys are serious music fans and are merely seeking perfection in the reproduction of their favoured music?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

From what i can see, you need to connect the yellow and the blue/white together to the +12 wire going to the 12 volt socket in the armrest and black wire to the negative part of the 12 volt socket

Then all should be working,

You havent hooked the blue/white to the +12 volt, and that is why there is no sound

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am not saying sub woofer fitters are the base ball back to front, vibrate the car brigade like the young lads in the Corsa's etc. But it might be worth remembering if you let your kids take the car out for a spin
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="phaedra"]From what I can see the blue/white wire has to have a +12v connection before the sub-woofer will work, it usually gets this as a control signal from the audio system/stereo/head unit when it's switched on.On the Pioneer unit Blackbox100 just connected it to the main +12v feed from the console socket so the sub is powered up as soon as the car is "switched on" by pressing the start/stop button.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for swift reply Phaedra. I still not really understand what you mean by Blackbox100 just connected it to the main +12v feed from the console socket. I think I have done exactly the same by connecting main yellow wire to 12+v feed from console socket (console=armrest I guess?). Unless you mean yellow wire should be connected with blue/white wire and then together to +12v supply. Or blue/white to another +12V supply on the front of the car just under radio? I cant see any possibility to connect blue wire to radio head unit directly.Thanks again.
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="Blackbox100"]From what i can see, you need to connect the yellow and the blue/white together to the +12 wire going to the 12 volt socket in the armrest and black wire to the negative part of the 12 volt socketThen all should be working, You havent hooked the blue/white to the +12 volt, and that is why there is no sound[/QUOTE]
Thanks. That makes sense. I will try it tomorrow. Fingers crossed X.