FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

the steering line 12 volt, is a 12 volt input that is needed to turn the subwoofer on, but i spliced it together with the main 12volt for the subwoofer, we initially removed the a pillars, to find out which wires we should connect to, i don't think you need to remove them as i have already identified the colors of the wires that you need to tap into.

TC3

Post by TC3 »

I am looking forward to getting the same amp and sounds a very easy install especially as no need to break any clips to remove door pillars Much appreciate the install notes
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Thanks
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I was wondering if you have any experience with these 2 subwoofers. I can get the Pioneer you have used for £120 but am looking at what else is out there.http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... -31239.htm
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="Blackbox100"]the steering line 12 volt, is a 12 volt input that is needed to turn the subwoofer on, but i spliced it together with the main 12volt for the subwoofer, we initially removed the a pillars, to find out which wires we should connect to, i don't think you need to remove them as i have already identified the colors of the wires that you need to tap into.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clarifying
this for me BlackBox.

I have followed
TC3 post and checked that Kenwood subwoofer. I got to manuals of it and couple
of things raised my concerns.

Did you
have to connect your subwoofer to ground? Also have you disconnected main
battery before that job took place? I am concern if I will disconnect battery then
this will affect onboard computer etc.

I have
attached drawing from this manual and I will be grateful if you could tell me
if this is correct wiring as in your car.

My car is
leased so I do not want to see smoke coming out of it at first day Thanks
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Yes, but i sed the ground at the 12 volt socket from the center console, and i did not have to take the battery off, the drawing seems to be the same as for the pioneer, so you should be fine, just check the mesurements to be sure that it will fit under the seat
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="Blackbox100"]Yes, but i sed the ground at the 12 volt socket from the center console, and i did not have to take the battery off, the drawing seems to be the same as for the pioneer, so you should be fine, just check the mesurements to be sure that it will fit under the seat[/QUOTE]
Thanks again Blackbox. Final question; is there specific wire color assigned to ground on 12v socket?
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

No they sre both black both the positive snd the negative

So use a powertester to identify the positive
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Blackbox100, I know you probably don't want to go into your wiring again but I wondered if you'd tried reversing one rear speaker wires in case they are wired out of phase?, it may explain why they sound so awful compared to the front pair?.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

hello phaedra, you£re absolutely right, i don't wanna go into the wiring again (SMILES)perhaps some ells would give it a try?