Change interior lights to LED's

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Marti

Post by Marti »

Please don't do yourself we are now in warrenty battle as a problem with the boot light has revealed a problem with bcm but they are saying that fitting the leds caused a voltage spike to the bcm! Apart from not being true and the problem was existing be careful.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Johnels 79, please take a look at the Topic "Bulbs to LED Replacement Tutorial" / "Electronic Systems" as Duncho kindly posted this Photo review that might well help you - Dave

Marti, I cannot see why you have these problems all of the Interior Lights in our QQ has been converted by myself (no electrician) and Nissan to LED's without problems or comments. I did not use though cheaper brand products - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Marti"]Please don't do yourself we are now in warrenty battle as a problem with the boot light has revealed a problem with bcm but they are saying that fitting the leds caused a voltage spike to the bcm! Apart from not being true and the problem was existing be careful. [/QUOTE]
If you replied to my PM you could know what causes your issue...
duncho2015-02-03 19:31:05
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Marti sounds like a poor dealer you are involved with there, just trying to get out of any possible warranty claim. Gel has a similar problem with his J11 QQ where the dealer blames his fitting new horns is a problem for updating software. I have LED's all around my car and PIAA horns, a journey recording camera etc. and the updates were all done without problems. My dealer said none of these would effect the car.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Hi,im looking to change my lights too when i get my 2015 qashqai.does anyone have an updated links to the best/recommended LEDs to buy please?