1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Thanks- clearly I HAD seen that before! Memory's poor these days!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

theuros
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by theuros »

Hello,

I'm planing to buy a used Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T N-Connecta year 2018 / 1

I read about oil / engine problems with some quahqais with this engines and I'm wondering if this was corrected with facelift or no? On this post someone mentioned that Nissan posted a bulletin with VIM number range of cars which can have this problem. Anyone know where I can find that list, so I can compare VIN number of var I want to buy with that list?

Thanx for any help.
Sophocles

Post by Sophocles »

Evening all,

Sorry to ask, but looking for guidance. Put a deposit down on a 2017 Qashqai, 32k 1.2 DiG-T. Reading these forums, wondering whether this was a mistake. J11 VIN but doesn’t match the Nissan TB linked earlier as he a letter as the first or second character on the numbers on the end.

Would it be better to walk away? Spending hours reading forums like these is sending me down a rabbit hole.

Kind regards.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just do
Sophocles wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:43 pm Evening all,

Sorry to ask, but looking for guidance. Put a deposit down on a 2017 Qashqai, 32k 1.2 DiG-T. Reading these forums, wondering whether this was a mistake. J11 VIN but doesn’t match the Nissan TB linked earlier as he a letter as the first or second character on the numbers on the end.

Would it be better to walk away? Spending hours reading forums like these is sending me down a rabbit hole.

Kind regards.
ne a Search tonight and hopefully this is what you both are after - Dave 👍😉

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6787
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sophocles

Post by Sophocles »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:46 pm Just do
Sophocles wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:43 pm Evening all,

Kind regards.
ne a Search tonight and hopefully this is what you both are after - Dave 👍😉

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6787
Thanks for your quick response DaveBerlin!

Sorry for being daft. Not sure if the VIN falls in the range on that bulletin. The one I’m looking at is J11UZ072284. Seems a bit different to any light you can shed would be most appreciated.

Cheers
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Theres a newer bulletin out that came out last year, covers all the 1.2 engines and describes the repair procedure of each issue.

Symptom 1 misfire or hesitation.. due to excessive carbon on intake valves due to the very nature of a direct injection

Symptom 2 engine noise.. due to timing chain rattle, can be caused by low oil and or low oil pressure, if when topped up with oil it doesn't stop the noise then replace timing chain tensioner and oil pump (can only presume theres a known issue with oil pressure also contributing to the issue but new countermeasure oil pumps have superseded old pumps) . If tensioner is extended more than I think 23mm then replace the timing chain aswell.

Symptom 3 oil consumption.. if after a 1000 miles it has used half a litre ( half on the dip stick) or after 2000 miles its below the minimum then use tunap 957 to clean the oil control rings and the drain holes, and soot from within the compression ring grooves..

Repeat the test again if the same result then diagnose as per ESM. (Suspect bore failure i would).
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I can only assume that if your number “SJN*E*J11UZ072284” does not fall between the listed numbers below then the QQ you are after is OK, but I could be wrong. 🥴 From what I remember it was certain earlier QQ versions that were involved not the later 2017/18 Models - Good Luck Dave 🤨

A7AE21DB-D75E-4294-AEA0-86E334AC513B.jpeg

Now obviously you do not want to pay out good money and buy a lemon, why not take a trip to a Nissan Dealer and ask the Service Mgr. or even NCS who might help or advise.

NISSAN CUSTOMER SERVICES : Contact our dedicated Nissan customer services team to speak to a representative.
Phone: 0330 123 1231 : Our call centre is open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturdays 8am-2pm.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

Last edited by lewisbryant on Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

Checking in after a while.

I have a 64 plate 1.2, currently at 64k miles.

I had the software update back in 2016, and while the car does use oil, it was not something that needed more than a litre or so between services.

Recently I have noticed a rattle and 'rasp' from the engine. Nissan has said that the timing chain is worn, stretched and needs a replacement. Including associated parts - oil pump, etc (which they say has a small leak) the bill is at £1,800. I have an extended warranty with Motor Easy, but they aren't touching it on the basis that it hasn't 'suddenly and unexpectedly failed'.

So I guess it does need replacing before it snaps and leaves me with a 1.2l kerbside ornament.

Is Nissan the only garage that can do this work, or are there others that can perform the work - Halfords etc...
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Muiramas wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:23 am Checking in after a while.

I have a 64 plate 1.2, currently at 64k miles.

I had the software update back in 2016, and while the car does use oil, it was not something that needed more than a litre or so between services.

Recently I have noticed a rattle and 'rasp' from the engine. Nissan has said that the timing chain is worn, stretched and needs a replacement. Including associated parts - oil pump, etc (which they say has a small leak) the bill is at £1,800. I have an extended warranty with Motor Easy, but they aren't touching it on the basis that it hasn't 'suddenly and unexpectedly failed'.

So I guess it does need replacing before it snaps and leaves me with a 1.2l kerbside ornament.

Is Nissan the only garage that can do this work, or are there others that can perform the work - Halfords etc...
I can’t see why you couldn’t find an independent garage to carry out this work - although I’m completely non-technical.

Someone on here will know if it’s possible.
Ask your friends or even your local faecesbook page for reliable and trustworthy garages.
Then ring around for prices.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)