Considering a new QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Interesting points in here. One I have picked up on is the complaint that Nissan won't allow any warranty repair without authorisation. On the surface that sounds very sensible and may result in Nissan saving a considerable sum of money? Albeit at the expense of Customer Service, do we assume that other manufacturers have more faith in their dealerships or perhaps they hold such high score on the customer perception of their brand that they are prepared to pay extra for it, I wonder? If it is so then how much of the additional £4k between a Honda CRV and a QQ is this CS bit? If you knew the figure which car would then buy?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

I have had "cheaper" car brands in the past and had zero problems getting stuff repaired under warranty. Hyundai for example had no problems changing the timing chain because it rattled under acceleration on my 4 year old Coupe SE. It was done in one afternoon. They also had no problem replacing a sun visor socket that had become loose.So I don't believe that the extra £4000 for a CR-V is because Honda have better customer support. It is a larger car and as such costs more to build. Looking at the 2014 autoexpress customer support league tables there are plenty of "cheaper" brands above Nissan.25th in CS league table 2014.http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/d ... ge/0/1This should never happen. Nissan refuse to replace the wrong lock nut key, that they supplied in error.http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... ashqaiIt's these kind of things that make you realise there's a reason Nissan are dropping down the CS league tables.
MJCQQ2015-02-28 18:19:37
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Ironically I think the car is fabulous, it looks great and drives great. For the most part the car should last 3-4 years without serious issue which would render my fears moot. Though that fact does not excuse poor performance in customer support as evidenced above.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

No problem with that from my perspective. I've not had any problems with my dealer either but there again I too am very happy with the car, it's a very good car. So in that sense it is a shame for Nissan that they do indeed get bad reviews on Customer Service.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Alison556

Post by Alison556 »

Thanks everyone for your input. Despite the disaster that is my current QQ, it hasn't put me off them - just made me a bit wary. Fingers crossed I get a test drive tomorrow
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alison556, just go out tomorrow and take your test drive with a fully Open mind. You have obviously read a lot of the Forum comments on the positives and negatives but at the end of the day it will be your decision that you will have to live with, so ensure you look at everything and ask questions. I personally am sure you will be pleasantly surprised - Enjoy it Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Alison556 your lucky your having a test drive. took me 3 dealers in hampshire to do that. Two of the dealers were a joke, Southampton,Salisbury, Basingstoke were more professional. Southampton Branch even damaged the QQ when showing me the parking assist. The dealership experience nearly put me off buying a Nissan i have to say. The QQ TEKNA 1.5 DCI saved the day as it was good to drive. Make sure you shop around the dealerships too.......£1000,s can be saved by doing so. Only problem so far is that the front sensor false triggers sometimes for no reason so i keep an eye on other posts seeing if theres a recall.
Simmo
raefil

Post by raefil »

3 1/2 months into owning my QQ. 100% happy with it. 5th car from new. Zafira. (Reliable but..........) VW Touran (Dreadful, went through 2 gearbox changes in 3 years) Renault Grand Scenic. (Lovely Car, no problem whatever.) Honda Jazz. (100% reliable) and now my QQ. Comfort wise ranks with the Renault, economy, 1.5dci, excellent. does what it says on the tin. 1.5dci Ntec+No experience of customer service yet but I know Chorley Nissan get good ratings.
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
Alison556

Post by Alison556 »

Well, the test drive didn't happen. The dealer is losing the franchise towards the end of March and they don't seem to be doing anything with Nissan now - no cars available for test drive or anything. Next nearest dealership only seems to have an automatic in the 1.2 petrol available for test drive and I'm not sure if it's worth trying it or whether to just take a chance and just order one
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="raefil"]No experience of customer service yet but I know Chorley Nissan get good ratings.[/QUOTE]
not from me they don't!! After a few screw-ups I now refuse to deal with them!! edit: the one in Chorley that is, but the Preston one isn't far behind in my 'never to return to' list!
SplanK2015-03-02 18:59:07