Sat Nav grrrrr

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Battboiy, I have been on the Navtech website and it states there are no files to download. It just simply states I have the latest updates, which I don't, so I am not sure what you are seeing because from here I cannot get anything from that website. Could you enlighten me further please? Appreciated
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Dionysus"]Battboiy, I have been on the Navtech website and it states there are no files to download. It just simply states I have the latest updates, which I don't, so I am not sure what you are seeing because from here I cannot get anything from that website. Could you enlighten me further please? Appreciated[/QUOTE]
Yes this is the message I always got as well, perhaps Dionysus is getting his updates from PocketGPSWorld as I do which offers very regular updates.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Joncee, i had a quick look at the PocketGPSworld website but cannot see support for the Connect 2 system fitted to our cars. I too have a TomTom and I use that for speed cameras as well. Are you saying the PocketGPS do update our systems, because it is a very cheap subscription?
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes it does, you need to download the file "Nissan Connect [ UK - Single file with all cameras | pMobiles: Yes | French: No | Swiss: No "]]" follow the instructions of making the folders on your USB stick and update on your download your POI's, I have been using it since I collected the QQ March 2014 and update it every month without fail
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

That sounds what I want. I had a look on the website but cannot see the EU option, only country by country.
battboy

Post by battboy »

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERS ... Frame.isml
Go to the above link and click on "Manual" on the the 3rd paragraph. This explains the process. I don't use the upload tool. It seems that you can only use a Windows PC NOT Mac.Then go to http://www.navigation.com/Qashqai_2013/ ... /GBP/Enter QASHQAI and year 2013 in the drop down boxes. There you will find the Camera Alerts. You will also see an option to purchase maps but I am told that these will not work on our QQ model. However, the Camera alerts seem to work fine.The website is poor and needs to be sorted out.
Nightshade Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT. Delivered October 2014
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

That is greatly appreciated. I have not seen that screen before because I always used the connect.nissan.eu link, which it states on the POI screen. That is where the trail ended for me. I always pressed the 2014 year and that leads you nowhere. Never thought of looking at the previous year.I see this link is direct to navigation.com. The attraction of this one is that it cover 21 European countries, which is what i wantTotally agree, the whole thing needs sorting out.
Dionysus2015-03-10 10:41:14
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Apologies Dionysus, I did not see you were out of the UK, you will need to download the Nisan Connect (not the old version also shown) and the file EUR Single file all cameras, this will show all you need.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

All sorted. I am now a happy bunny.Thanks guys, as always.