About to order TODAY... but should I?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="Grampy"]Hi All,Am seeking some advice - am looking to place an order TODAY for the QQ 1.6 Dig-T Tekna... but am really worried about the owner reviews I've seen around, and some of the posts on here regarding the Head Unit and the other tech (parking sensor fails, Start Stop etc.)I guess my question is, are the reviews only artificially biased towards negative reviews in your opinion (people are much more likely to review a negative experience after all) - and should I really be concerned about these issues I hear about - do they get resolved in the end (or would a 15 plate have some of them resolved already)?Final question!!! I rely on my 160Gb iPod for ICE... I'm assuming I get full functionality of this with the Head Unit Nissan provide???Thanks all !!! Obviously would really appreciate speedy responses!!!!Graham :)[/QUOTE]
I've had no problem with parking sensors.Head unit is great and my iPhone, which is assumed by the head unit to be an iPod, works great when connected by cable with all the album art and indexing fine. While it does work while connected only by Bluetooth, it is not as easy to navigate streaming music from it.I have not got a single fault on the car and neither did I on the Juke before it. Some things could be improved, but nothing will ever be perfect or there will be no room for any new design ever again.

Grampy

Post by Grampy »

there are probably 3 or 4 alternatives within a 25m radius. Not ideal but I could do any of them really...
wooders

Post by wooders »

I'm sitting on the fence as to weather or not to recommend .There are some things I really like about the car but then im also having a few issues (some dealer related) .If I could do it over again then I would not of chosen a qashqai but we all have our own opinions . ps ....IMHO I think the car stereo is a bit flat so make sure you check it out again as you sound like you like your music .
-2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna   -   
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

Thanks Quacker and Wooders - got to know you've had no major issues (Quacker). Wooders - yes I do - but my IX35 has no quick way of scrolling through artists so by the type I get to (E)nter Shikari my finger is numb :)
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

If you like Enter Shikari you won't like the sound quality of the QQ stereo!, it has no real bass and the rear speakers are very poor. Nissan were supposed to be improving it following a comment by a magazine reviewer but I don't know if they actually did.Mine was an April 2014 Acenta Premium, comparing it to my previous Honda CRV and present Ford Kuga, the QQ and CRV have better access menus than the Kuga (larger screens), the CRV had the better sound system (had a sub-woofer as standard) and the Kuga is also very good, the QQ I would describe as the sort of sound you got from a cheap 70's Japanese music centre, it's certainly nowhere near as good as the previous QQ Bose system.

phaedra2015-02-05 17:54:08
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

If you find the speakers to be a bit flat, maybe experiment with the front/rear balance. The rear speakers are certainly weak, so try adjusting it so the front ones get more juice. They are not premium quality but I've listened to far worse.
raefil

Post by raefil »

Interesting to read about the micra. Weve got an old 54 reg basic s Micra. 11 years old now. Literally all thats been spent on it, in all that time, is new tyres and brake pads. Had a couple of maufacturers recalls and thats been it. It passed down t my daughter about 4 years ago when we bought a Honda Jazz, lovely motor, but because of a back ijury I needed something I could get in and out of a lot easier. Hence the QQ. Getting this car has been one of my better decisions.The Micra is plain and simply a part of our family. :)
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

[quote="Grampy"] Thanks everyone - really helpful comments!

Just got back from the test drive and have the following observations:
They didnt know I was coming - apparently the Nissan 'Book Test Drive' didnt let them know.They were more interested in how I was going to finance a new car, than whether I liked the car!The test drive lasted about 9 minutes, yet I was there for over an hour!When I said "OK I'll take it away and consider it", he made up some lame excuse to get his manager.
I will still buy the QQ probably but certainly not from those guys!
Similar experience to you. I booked the test drive for first thing in the morning, 1.2 petrol and 1.5 dci. First car wasnt ready for over half an hour after I arrived, then 20 minutes test drive, pre determinedly route according to dealer, then second vehicle not available for overA anA hour after our return, then same route taken for test drive for comparison.
Told them before we set off that I would not be committing to purchase that day, but they spent an hour and a half after completing the second test drive, trying to get me to sign on the dotted line!
This was back in January last year. I told them I was 2 grand short of the asking price, but only cos my money was tied up for 30 days.
The dealership wouldnt budge a single inch!
They spent an hour trying to convince me that buying on HP would actually save me money! Lying so and so's.
As it happens I was actually 2grand short of the full asking price, but I bought through a broker, saving approx 4grand on the list price, not to mention the extra it could have cost me using Nissan HP.
Ok, so I had to wait 12 or so weeks from ordering to delivery....so what!
Car delivered to my drive....on a day of my choice....at a time of my choice.
Free Nissan velour mats....1/4tank....road safety triangle etc.....
Overall, I saved a packet!
Also saved over £100 on the cost of pearlescent paint.
Happy bunny?......very much so!

[/QUOTE]
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

glad to hear it was not just me gmvdaddy!Anyway, to add a postscript to this thread...ITS ORDERED!!!! 1.6 Dig-T Tekna, through DTD.Already had a call from the lovely friendly dealer confirming details, payments, emailing the finance deal and a collection date (am still hoping for delivery rather than collection) of the first week in March :)Will keep you all posted - have to say you've all been extremely welcoming and very friendly and helpful! Thanks everyone!!!!! :)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just being cheeky....whats DTD, whats your lead time, and what will your overall price be? As I said, I saved a small fortune by using a broker and waiting a while. Really worth waiting. I was totally amazed that my local dealership wouldnt even knock a solitary £ off the 'on the road price'.