About to order TODAY... but should I?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

Hi All,Am seeking some advice - am looking to place an order TODAY for the QQ 1.6 Dig-T Tekna... but am really worried about the owner reviews I've seen around, and some of the posts on here regarding the Head Unit and the other tech (parking sensor fails, Start Stop etc.)I guess my question is, are the reviews only artificially biased towards negative reviews in your opinion (people are much more likely to review a negative experience after all) - and should I really be concerned about these issues I hear about - do they get resolved in the end (or would a 15 plate have some of them resolved already)?Final question!!! I rely on my 160Gb iPod for ICE... I'm assuming I get full functionality of this with the Head Unit Nissan provide???Thanks all !!! Obviously would really appreciate speedy responses!!!!Graham :)

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I doubt anyone could give you a 100% objective answer.Those who haven't had problems will, by and large, say yes go right ahead.Those who've had problems will probably fall somewhere between yes, even with the problems it is worth it, all the way to i wouldn't have another one given.Mine has had several issues (the ICE isn't one of them) and, whilst very irritating, it hasn't made me want to get rid of the car.I'm won't pretend i'm 100% convinced by Nissan at the moment.My views are probably skewed by the fact I've had a decade+ of VAG group cars with no issues at all, possibly fortunate, i'm not sure..However if i try to be objective and considered/compared this QQ against my outgoing Yeti (which was a good car) the QQ still kicks backside in the important areas of ride quality, seat comfort and engine/gearbox refinement.I suspect electrics (probably renault) are what will make or break the experience long term for me.Ask me in another 2 years i guess
Nissan no more...
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

Cheers AlleyCat :)
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Hi GrampySearch my posts and you will see that I have my fair share of niggles. I love the car to drive, the ride is good the seats are excellent etc.I would not advise you to avoid the car based on my experience but Nissan do seem to have released a product without thorough testing (mechanics aside) and the dealer network do not seem to have all the solutions at the moment to some of the inevitable 'teething troubles' associated with most new models.It may be that your car comes with some of the issues resolved, it may be I just have a Friday Afternoon car !! The main criticism I have is that as a company car driver I have had many marques over the years and Nissan dealers are up there with the worst. They seem to look at the symptoms you report and just come back with 'No Fault Found' yet you drive away from the forecourt and the fault is still there.But I leave it up to you, as Alleycat said some owners will be 100% happy, some less so and some won't touch Nissan again. If it was my personal car, having paid £27k I would probably be one of the latter however at the moment I sit firmly on the fence !!Enjoy whatever car you decide on.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

Cheers Tomo - funnily enough it was one of your posts regarding upgrading from your Sam Galaxy S that got me even more worried. I have an S5.I guess at least with software as and when stuff gets fixed its easy to patch etc.Still undecided!!!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

On the other hand, I and many others have had the car since launch without any issues at all. Needless to say we love it and I'm fairly sure we are in the majority (car of the year and all that). Having said that, not all in the garden is rosy and it seems that Nissan, probably along with every other manufacturer has its Friday cars. I suppose you take your chance when or if you buy one... Truth be known, no one can really help you decide or at least not with any degree of certainty.
PeterL2015-02-05 10:32:23
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

Thanks Peter - I know - I guess I just need a virtual cuddle and to be told "Dont worry - everything will be fine"!I wouldn't be so worried with niggles if the dealer network seems on top of it, rather than in denial.In my heart I know I'm going to order it though, as I'm always hugely optimistic! Its the same reason I bought a cigar and bottle of champers on the day the National Lottery launched!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Grampy"]Thanks Peter - I know - I guess I just need a virtual cuddle and to be told "Dont worry - everything will be fine"!I wouldn't be so worried with niggles if the dealer network seems on top of it, rather than in denial.In my heart I know I'm going to order it though, as I'm always hugely optimistic! Its the same reason I bought a cigar and bottle of champers on the day the National Lottery launched![/QUOTE]Deed done then, without wishing to belittle anyone with a genuine problem (we do have some) optimism not to mention a bottle of champers never fails. You'll love it I'm sure!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

Forums are the worst place in the world to read about owners experiences. Most people who come on forums have an issue, that is a fact on every forum. There is generally a small percentage who come on to chat about their cars but some of those get driven away by the unhappy owners who accuse anyone who is happy with their car as being a car company employee.Take our 3 cars.Nissan Micra 1.2 Acenta. Its 7 1/2 years old now and in that time the only parts replaced have been the tyres and one front spring. The dealer we have used for servicing has been generally good (once he got the idea that I was not going to pay £60 every service for fuel and oil treatment). The dealer we bought it from lied about one small aspect of the deal we struck, got the money back from the dealer principle but never been back and never will. Sad really because this is the second Micra we have had from them.Kia Ceed CRDi SW. 4 1/2 years old and is up for replacement this year, possibly with a 1.2 DGi-T or 1.6 DGi-T Qashqai. Dealer has been truly excellent from the moment we walked into the showroom, will be sad not to buy from him again but no Kia meets our current needs and wants. Car has been totally reliable, only part replaced has been the AC condenser under the 7 year warranty with no argument. Car has done 51.55 mpg since we bought it, best we have had from any car. But read the Kia forums and you would never buy one. Badly built, unreliable, rubbish dealer, uneconomical.Seat Leon 1.4 TSi. Great car, totally reliable but rubbish dealers. Dealer we bought it from was an incompetent liar (eventually sorted by Seat and we got compensation from Seat for the upset he caused) and the dealer who did the first service was equally incompetent, he did not tighten the sump plug. Luckily we still have a couple of dealers left within reasonable distance to try for he next service. But I feel so unsure about the dealers I am reluctant to consider a Leon SW to replace the Ceed despite it ticking all the boxes. But read the Seat forums and you get no real info at all. They are too busy tuning their cars to stupid power levels to worry about minor things.Except for a 2 year break between 2003 and 2005 we have had a Nissan in the family since 1990, Bluebird, Primera, Almera and 2 Micras, all totally reliable. Only breakdown was a clutch cylinder on the Bluebird but it was over 7 years old. Think that says quite a bit. Buying a Qashqai does not worry me one bit, no more than any other car, sometimes you are unlucky but most of the time the car will be fine. Just hope that Nissan bring out the 1.6 DIG-T in Acenta trim before September. Having to buy N-Tec trim is probably the only thing that would stop me ordering at present, paying over £1500 for kit I don't want or need is something I am reluctant to do, it makes the car way more expensive than others on our list.
Grampy

Post by Grampy »

That's a really useful insight Acenta - thank you for sharing. My current Hyundai IX35 is now 4 years old and it too has had its fair share of problems - mostly electrical - so I imagine I will be no worse off !