Radio antenna wiring prob

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
qq58uk

Post by qq58uk »

so I installed a cracking new aftermarket head unit as I couldn't be without my ipod and stuff any longer. I got the swc adapter with the connect2 box and an antenna adapter which had an extra blue cable to connect to the 12v or antenna cable of the harness which usually is also blue. I thought I was a genius when I saw that in the harness where there should be a blue cable going to the car, there was none so I poked my blue antenna cable into the harness (it had the right connector for this already) so that when the iso plugs into the harness the two blue cables with connect, just like all the other colours. however, this doesn't seem to work and I can't work out why or how I should connect it instead (I think maybe with the orange illumi cable) and also I cant get the blue antenna cable out of the harness anymore. please can anyone shed some light? I took some photos, just trying to work out how to post them. thanks!

qq58uk

Post by qq58uk »

glen022

Post by glen022 »

a wire marked up ant will be for a powered ant ( old pop up telescopic type), not needed on your qq, illumi will be ignition live to turn the unit on when iginition on, if you measure the voltage between your blue wire and car body with the engine on, you will proberbly find its supplying 12vdc, i am however speculating, not knowing what head unit you have or what age qqsome extra pics would helpregards glen
qq58uk

Post by qq58uk »

Its a Chinese aftermarket on 58 qq without bose. What pics do u need?
qq58uk

Post by qq58uk »

Oh by the way: The right connector is the one I added the blue wire to which comes from the antenna adapter. There was an empty slot which was opposite the other blue wire which was called something like antenna control so I thought I was on to a winner.