J11 Tekna+ 2019 - Help Request

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
kp2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by kp2 »

Hi

Thank you for letting me join this community. I am a recent buyer of a 2019 T+ and I hope you might be able to help me on this recent purchase.

I bought the car from a main dealer, on the drive home it juddered under acceleration (generating multiple warnings on the dash) and I agreed with the supplying dealer to continue my journey and take it to a 'more local dealer' the following day (I live in the South, I bought the car from the North). The car was looked at by the RAC who confirmed there were multiple errors stored and it needed to go to the dealership.

The car has been with the local dealer for approx. a week and has had injectors, fuel rail and spark plugs replaced. I picked the car up on Friday and have had a couple of hours trouble free motoring. First real drive yesterday and after 45 minutes the car generated 3 system fault warnings and the dash lit up everywhere.
  • Stop Start Flashing
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor Flashing
  • ABS Lit
  • Traction Control Lit
  • Collision Warning Lit
  • Lane Departure Warning Lit
I am at the point of getting the supplying dealer to refund me but it is the model/year/colour/spec the wife wants and when it is working, drives nice. Can anyone point me in the direction of what might be up ? The car is on 53,000 miles and has a full Nissan Service History, I really just want this car to work, but it's difficult to let the wife and kids near it with everything failing, I'm happy to discuss with the dealer what the forum think might be a good plan.

Thank you for any comments.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Hi. Get the battery checkout 1st and then abs wheel sensor cable underneath car at the rear. It's known for all them faults showing if its damaged or broken
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Andy is spot on...in my case when it threw Body Control Unit, AdBlue and Start/Stop faults it was the battery.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
kp2

Post by kp2 »

Thank you both for your comments. It is back into the Main Dealer tomorrow, so fingers crossed this fixes the issues.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

No problem update once you find out what was wrong 🙂
kp2

Post by kp2 »

I am sorry I have not updated before now - there has been a fair amount going on with this car requiring extended stays at the dealers (and where it is again today from going back in yesterday). The battery was not considered at fault for the above faults. So far this is my journey - 6 weeks today of ownership.

• Car collected: 28th February and before I left the dealer - two tyres had to be replaced
• Car breakdown: 28th February after 45 mins driving with the juddering performance and warning symptoms described above
o Replaced discs and pads front
o Replaced discs and pads rear
o Replaced auxiliary belt
o Replaced key fob battery
o Repaired ABS sensor
o Replaced injectors
o Replaced fuel rail
o Replaced spark plugs
o Replaced spark plugs again
o Currently in awaiting replacement of electronic coolant pump

The juddering was fixed by the injector and fuel rail replacement, the multiple warning lights appear to have subsided from a combination of brake component replacement and ABS sensor - current issue is an intermittent EML which comes on and stays on for a day or so, then disappears for a day or so and repeats. Only physical symptom now is that the high idle you get during the first cold start of the day, does appear to be stay high for a much longer period of time when the light is illuminated.

The trouble is that I've not had the car in a position long enough that could be considered as 'working' and so I still don't know what is normal for a 2019 1.3 Tekna+ J11. I've stayed ahead of the thermostat housing issue and am fingers crossed this isn't next - it would literally tip me over the egde :) :) . Should I be looking out for or expect anything else ??? We stay committed to the QQ aside from the issues which I hope once resolved (The local dealer and Nissan UK have been superb.), leave us with what we hoped would be the brilliant family car.