2012 1.5dci & Have no clue where to start

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Ksweet2503
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Ksweet2503 »

Hello I bought a 2012 1.5dci ntec+ qashqai in October. From Jan the 2 traction control lights come on and car goes into limp mode etc. Took it to a garage who have changed the dpf filter and pressure sensor, how ever when I went back go pick the car up they said the lights are still on and car isn't regenerating. They also said the cars temperature isn't staying high as it should and the heaters don't get as hot as they should. They've suggested a new thermostat and are hoping that's the problem. Also the car was zeroing its miles every time the engine was knocked off and starting again, which he didn't know why, any way fuse change and it no longer zeros itself , but while fuse being changed partner sent me this picture with a red wire going into the air bag fuse and the while plug not attached to anything. I have no clue where to go from here so wondered if anyone has any suggestions for these things issues please. I have attatched the codes and the fuse part and thankyou

Screenshot_20240305_204543_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240305_103432_WhatsApp.jpg

Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

I think you need to send it to a garage that can actually diagnose the issue instead of somewhere that starts with the most common issues, I am not trying to throw stones but you need a good mechanic with a solid background in diagnosing such things. I'm not going to say much else and I am not trying to be pompous. There could be a myriad of reasons why your asr lights are on . I don't want to say more because by your own admission you do t know where to start and there are possible ramifications to giving you advice. That red cable Into the fuse box(especially the airbag circuit(if that's what it is)) is a complete hack, is the cable not attached to anything other than the being pushed into the fuse?, if it's not being used to power anything(that you don't know what it is) remove it, if it is powering something, then do the simple thing and at least use a different circuit with a fuse tap.
My advice would then to be to find a good local to you trusted mechanic.

I hope that you take this in the manner it is given, it isn't meant to offend but to try and help.

I see in your post you say they changed the dpf filter and pressure sensor, was the pipe that connects to the pressure sensor tested?, if not in your scenario I would start there as it could well be what is creating the issue, i don't want to comment further as I don't have your vehicle in front of me(it's a hunch, but really needs diagnosing so that you are sure and not just chucking parts at it in the hope of fixing it) and for the other reasons I have stated.

You will be unable to complete a regeneration until the fault is rectified, you probably don't need to do that anyway.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.