first Nissan

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
shanks86
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by shanks86 »

Dear All,

I am a long time German car enthusiast. After seeing the prices rise to frankly absurd levels in the last 4 years, I decided enough was enough!

I am doing a 200 mile daily commute. I know I should get a diesel, but with the way they are treating diesel in London already, I think petrol is the way for me.

I test drove a Qashqai the other day, honestly it was as comfortable as a GLB I drove just before it (it does have more road noise, but is nearly 20k less!). I am therefore going to order my first non German car!

I am looking at the trim levels & was very keen for the tekna + (Nappa leather etc) but the salesman advised tekna with Bose may be the better deal as you avoid the 40k luxury car tax...

Question is- is there anything missing other than fog light LEDs, electric passenger seat & nappa leather in the Tekna variant?

Is the nappa leather that good/ comfortable??

Also does the tekna come with halogen fog lights or are they old school ones?

I am hoping to place the order in the next week before the current Nissan deals run out- any advise on options etc would be super appreciated!!

alexcrist
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by alexcrist »

I think the memory function for driver seat and side mirrors is also only on Tekna+. This includes the auto-lowering of side mirrors when you go into reverse (the left or right mirror goes down so you can easily see the wheel).

Also not sure if the profiles in the car (which include all settings for navi/infotainment, HUD, dashboard...) are automatically linked with the key on Tekna and below.
Scottw333

Post by Scottw333 »

I added fog lights at time of order to my Tekna, they are factory fitted and operated by the toggle switch on the indicator stalk as they should be. I have seen posts on here where people have had fog lights added by the dealer after order/deivery and have ended up with a button near the stop/start off, boot open button etc. So may be worth ensuring you add the fog lights at time of order. I also added mud guards and a spare wheel kit, I believe the mud guards are dealer fit though, I do find they cut down spray on the rear window.
2022/22 J12 ceramic grey DIG-T 158 MHEV Tekna
2018/68 J11b gun metal 1.6 DIG-T Tekna
2015/65 J11 magnetic red 1.6 DIG-T n-tec+
2010/10 J10b silver 1.6 n-tec
shanks86

Post by shanks86 »

Thanks for the replies!!

The mirror lowering isnt standard?! okay that I am very used to :/

Are the Tekna + seats very plush/ comfortable?

Can I ask- what is the real world mpg I can expect- I have a bit of a heavy right foot- motorway at around 75-80 (never more)

Also is it true the engine is the same as the ones in Mercedes A classes??
alexcrist
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by alexcrist »

The leather itself is soft and nice to the touch. But the seat overall is not that soft, I've heard people calling them "firm". For me they're fine, I like them, but it's a matter of taste.

I'm generally not a fan of leather seats (in car or in house), these are the first leather seats that I own (bought especially for the height adjustment of the lumbar support - only available on Tekna+). Until now I don't have a problem with the leather, but I've only had it since December, we'll see how it goes when the summer heat comes around. Too bad the seats are not ventilated, though... :(

I can't say anything about the engine, I have the e-Power version, and I'm generally a calm driver. :)