Who hates their Qashqai? Feel free to elaborate

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Owen too
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Owen too »

I really don't like my J11 Qashqai, or qashqai 2 as you may know it?
I had driven 3 other qashais before buying mine thinking it would be as good. Sadly it has been the worst cat I have ever owned, and I've had some doosies. Hoping someone else has had similar experience/s to arrest the feeling the cosmos just hates my love of driving vehicles and has to make every journey as unpleasant as possible. Go.....

Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Would you care to elaborate with the reasons that you hate the QQ so much.
We have owned Qashqais since 2007, both myself (main driver) and the better half really like and enjoy them.
Our first 2007 ran/drove without issues for 14 years, unfortunately the second one not so.
Luckily for us, everything that needed to be fixed/replaced was carried out FOC under warranty.
I personally think that our J11B drives/handles perfectly fine for the type of vehicle it is. We don't have rug rats so cannot comment on how it stands up as a Family car, however we often have four adults inside and no complaints over space/comfort.
My car has a 5.7 litre V8 engine with well over 400 bhp so I'm quite used to a seriously brisk vehicle, this said, I have not found the 1.2 DIG-T engine lacking in power both around town or on Motorways. I quite often have a spirited drive along country B roads, and never thought it boring.
We both like the look of the J11 and the interior is a nice place to be. I'm 6" 2 and I find it extremely comfortable and have a perfect driving position, lovely slick gear change, feather light clutch and I always have the "sport steering" selected, the Mrs switches back to normal though as she prefers a lighter steering feel.
Never had issues with storage space, think that The split boot floor is a very clever idea and other manufacturers should use this, we always use the divider to stop items from sliding around. For the two of us, three shopping bags fit snug side by side, if we still had the old style completely flat floor they would be all over the boot when we arrive home.
The only slight gripe that I have, and it is minor and probably related to how I have the two door mirrors set to my personal driving position is whilst reversing into a parking space/parallel parking I have to readjust them down to visibly see either the kerb or the parking space lines.
We don't have the reverse camera feature and tbh (my personal view) I've never needed a camera to park and think that if someone has to rely on them, well they really shouldn't be driving!

All in all I think Nissan did well with the J11.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
Mugen338
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Mugen338 »

I have a j12 had for almost a year and wouldn't say I hate it.
Some days I really like it. But have it on PCP for 3 years, not too sure if I keep it that long.
Will probably get rid on year 2.
It just feels incomplete, weird and annoying stuff happens
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Well I got rid of mine...

I liked the car itself - a nice size and nice to drive; sufficient performance - though not very economical (34mpg overall).

However there were simply too many things going wrong - including stop/start hardly ever working - and a difficult dealer to deal with - coupled with the threat of 1.2 calamity - meant I traded it in after just over two years. I've had the present car well over five years and it's been much less hassle.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Owen too

Post by Owen too »

Thanks everyoneπŸ‘ I am sure that overwhelmingly j11's are good cars and as mentioned by you all, there is so much to like. Of late, the last year's I haven't had any good luck with vehicles. Not just things going wrong, but the worst type of things to go wrong, ones that can't be identified and thus rectified despite throwing tonnes of money at them. My qashqai is no exception. Where I live the roads, to be kind, are an insult to rate and tax payers alike. Having said that, I knew already from extensive driving of a qashqai at work on the very same roads, overall, a qashqai could take it, but not mine. It loves to destroy strut tops lower ball joints, lower control arm bushes and drivers side driveshafts, as well as the common things to break, tie rod ends and sway bar end links, the seatbelts don't work as they should I.e, retract by themselves. They do now I drowned them in silicon spray, but it is still a stupid problem to have to deal with. It locked itself about two weeks ago with the keys inside. I liked that one. The drivers window likes to go up so hard that it hits the top of the window frame and then immediately descends again and the stereo often forgets that Bluetooth exists. I'm not sure I've covered everything, but hopefully you get the idea that in 17 months that is way-way too many things
to have to deal with on a now 6 year old car. I think I was more hoping someone had the same problems as I have had but also came along solutions. I do genuinely like qashqais, I get excited when I see another one on the road. I'm just 100% over the misery that is driving mine and spending every second weekend underneath it replacing something/s.πŸ‘
Jamie307
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Jamie307 »

I can't fault my J12, I love it. Oh, except for the fact the sun visor is not quite wide enough creating an annoying gap between the visor and the A-pillar.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
Howlsatthemoon
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Howlsatthemoon »

Wouldn't say I hate the car more disappointed.

I moved from a Golf mk7 and feel the build quality on the QQ is inferior, I have the tekna and feel there is so much technology on it that it is inevitable that something is going to go wrong.

In the 4 years I had the golf I never had any problems with parking sensors or the collision avoidance system but it seems every time I go on a journey with the QQ some warning pops up for no reason and driving in rain/sleet the amount of time the car bleeps at me is unbelievable.

I have finance on it so will keep it till I have paid it off but I feel I won't be getting another.
Owen too

Post by Owen too »

Howlsatthemoon wrote: ↑Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:06 am Wouldn't say I hate the car more disappointed.

I moved from a Golf mk7 and feel the build quality on the QQ is inferior, I have the tekna and feel there is so much technology on it that it is inevitable that something is going to go wrong.

In the 4 years I had the golf I never had any problems with parking sensors or the collision avoidance system but it seems every time I go on a journey with the QQ some warning pops up for no reason and driving in rain/sleet the amount of time the car bleeps at me is unbelievable.

I have finance on it so will keep it till I have paid it off but I feel I won't be getting another.
Same. Still 3 plus years to go on mine so I will have to endure itπŸ‘
Owen too

Post by Owen too »

Jamie307 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:34 am I can't fault my J12, I love it. Oh, except for the fact the sun visor is not quite wide enough creating an annoying gap between the visor and the A-pillar.
😁
Owen too

Post by Owen too »

Mugen338 wrote: ↑Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:59 pm I have a j12 had for almost a year and wouldn't say I hate it.
Some days I really like it. But have it on PCP for 3 years, not too sure if I keep it that long.
Will probably get rid on year 2.
It just feels incomplete, weird and annoying stuff happens
They are a handsome car, but I couldn't see myself buying a nissan/renault product in the future sadlyπŸ‘