Qashqai 1.3P Acenta - 3rd Cylinder Misfire

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
g1surrey
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by g1surrey »

Hello everyone,

First time posting in the forum.

I have a Qashqai 1.3P Acenta the last four years. In the last couple of weeks I have an issue with the 3rd Cylinder Misfire.

The problems initially started when I had to replace the Ignition coil (if related), and observed that white smoke was coming out of the exhaust following the next days with vibrations (after replacing the coil with original part) while driving.

The Nissan dealership said that they will need to open the engine and check what the fault is but they cannot yet make an estimation of the damage or price. At worse they said it could range from 6.5K+ euros.

Unfortunately (my fault) I am not allowed on the guarantee as I have missed some Car Services at the dealership. However, I am still holding back whether the cylinder problem is because of the maintenance from my side (always changed oil etc) OR is an actual faulty product from the car side since I have seen more and more problems with problematic Nissan cars.

Kindly asking if anyone else had the same issues and if yes, was it in any way part of faulty production?

Apologies for my long post

Thank you in advance

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

It’s sorry, I can’t answer your question but welcome to the forum.

I haven’t heard of this fault on the 1.3 petrol engine

What age is your car ?
I presume you have the 1.3 litre turbo petrol engine in your car ?
Is it 140bhp or 160bhp ?
How many miles ?
I’m not being nosy, this information might help someone else come up with some suggestions.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)