Pressure pipe blocked. Garage warned it could snap

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Deleted User 17048

Post by Deleted User 17048 »

Hi all, I have 2015 Quashai Tekna 1.5 dci. Had warning lights come on, chassis control system fault & auto stop/start fault. Nissan main dealer say pressure pipe is blocked (quoted £450 for new pipe & sensor) & also needs new glow plugs (£470). Sounds like common faults. Have booked work in but they warn that sometimes pressure pipe snaps off during replacement & if this happens, engine removal & replacement manifold may be required. This will add an extra £1,200 to the price of repair due to approximately 10 hours additional labour :( ! So, my question is, has this happened to anyone here? I’m just trying to get an idea of how common this is.

Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

I've done it on a few of the Renault models, never done it on a qq, job was awkward and I cleaned the pipe out with an old brake cable off a bike and copius amounts of brake clean and used a drill with the brake cable spinning to clean it all out, I didn't want to pay their prices for a bit of pipe, found the sensor on eBay(at the time) for a lot less than Renault wanted. I had no issues with the pipe, but there's always that possibility I suppose.

To add, that was over 2 years ago the last time I did one and it's a vehicle that I maintain, it's never had the issue since(using the original pipe after it was thoroughly cleaned).

Good luck.
Last edited by Brommas on Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.
Deleted User 17048

Post by Deleted User 17048 »

Many thanks Brommas, I’ve seen a lot of youtube videos & so tempted to try this, however, I don’t feel competent or confident enough to try. Very tempting though!
Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

I've only ever done them on master , or traffic vans, 2.3dci, very awkward on those as you have to go over the top of the engine(at the back) and some of it is by feel, I'm lucky I suppose as I have all the tools,knowledge etc needed, I think your biggest issue if you were to attempt it would be how tight everything is going to be, there's very little room in there. Glow plugs are simple but again you have to be careful not to snap them because if you do it's a whole world of pain for you(probably). I would only use good quality glow plugs also, Bosch and if you do that job yourself always compare what you're taking out to what you're putting in. I've had years of repairing vehicles as a mechanic and so you get a feel for how tight is too tight and how much force is going to break something lol. Torque wrench is your friend when doing things back up.

Good luck.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.