EML / Power loss / MAF

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
EssexGuy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by EssexGuy »

Hi guys

Hope you're all doing ok - particualrly at this time of year!! :shock: :D

Wondering if I can call on collective wisdom, please, to tie down an issue I've got with my 2016 1.5dCi Tekna.

Posted before that I was having probelsm with power loss getting up to / around 3000 rpm and after rading around, concluded it was a DPF issue. Had someone out to clean it professionally and all seemd ok for a while.

However, recently, I've had the amber EML come on - and the same power loss issues when accelerating/hitting around 2500-3000rpm/going up hill. AT the same time, cruise control will drop out if I'm using it.

Off the back of anther post, I'd purchased a Carista to help me replace my rear brake pads but I was still subscribed so, I popped the reader on to see what error codes I was getting.

In no particular order, I get:

Under Basic OBD2 - P0101 – Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Range/Performance

Under Engine - P0101 - Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Range/Performance: Signal Amplitude > Maximum

I can use the reader to reset the engine fault code, the EML goes out and I don't have any power loss issues and I can use cruise control again ... but only for a while, when the EML pops back on and then I get the same power loss, etc.

I'm thinking that as I can reset the error code, the fault is an electrical rather than a mechanical one? If it was mechanical, it would be present from the outset and I couldn't reset. So, I'm assukming that what I'm looking at - and apologies for stating the bl**ding obvious - is a faulty MAF sensor?

Would just like someone with more experience / knowledge to let me know I'm ont he right track or put me right, please.

Thanks for your help.

Vinche
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Vinche »

Hi! I have the same problem.. did you solve it?
Thanks in advance,
Vincenzo