Start up terrible?

The place to discuss everything else..
Gooner4life
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Gooner4life »

Hi all, I am now part of the Qashqai family. I got a 2014 1.5dci and it's done 93k on the clock.

It was from a private seller and I test drove the car before buying and it felt okay.

After buying the car and on my way back down the motorway I noticed a bit more road surface vibrations on the accelerator? I is this normal for Qashqai?

I've left the car on the drive for 2 days and when I started her up and drove off the car sounded awful, I know diesels don't do well on cold starts but it was 8 degrees outside. She drove better after 8min of idling.

I used to own a citroen Ds3 diesel and she started up with no problems everytime.

I have the car booked in for a service in 2 weeks. The last service stamp in the book is 2021 from when the last owner had it, he but the guy I got it from used to change the oil filter etc himself. Is this something I should be worried about or am I over thinking here?

Cambelt and water pump was done at 100k miles

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Service should make it run better for you. Have a look at the air filter (thats easy to check out) get the fuel filter done the same time as your oil and filter service. Glow plugs may need replaceing ask the garage to look at 1 plug for you. As for the vibration get they wheels checked they may need balanceing. And tracking checked too.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

You say the car has 93,000 miles "on the clock" but go on to say the cam belt and water pump were done at 100,000 mile.
As Andy says, it should improve with a service and a filter change.

Good Luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Gooner4life

Post by Gooner4life »

MikeGC wrote: ↑Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:06 am You say the car has 93,000 miles "on the clock" but go on to say the cam belt and water pump were done at 100,000 mile.
As Andy says, it should improve with a service and a filter change.

Good Luck
Sorry I meant 103k not 93k.
Gooner4life

Post by Gooner4life »

I've just had the oil & and oil filter changed and mentioned the rough idling on my car on first start up and due to not having enough time with my slot and the garage being miles out they recommended the Forte Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment to see if they if it improves it.

On the way back on the motorway I noticed the car spluttering at 64mph but seemed okay when I went back to 60mph. The garage said I should noticed some improvements after 24 hours.

I've watched a few videos online about how to replace the fuel filter and I reckon I could do it myself aswell as the air filter.

I've put my car registration in euro car parts and it's coming up with 2 different fuel filters for my car? Which one is the correct one. They're both different sizes and one has filter heating.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Look at the top of your current fuel filter it will be eaither black or white plastic. Thats the easy way to get the correct part. Air filter easy to replace 10min job πŸ˜‰
these are the filters too look for black top UFI 24.095.00 Fuel Filter (Β£45) or white top UFI 24.095.01 Fuel Filter (Β£32)
Gooner4life

Post by Gooner4life »

Right quick update. I have now changed the air filter and fuel filter and the problem still persists. Last resort is changing the glow plugs which I should receive later on this week. I have also driven the car up the motorway with the blowers on full whack in 3rd gear. I just hope it isn't the fuel pump πŸ˜” because I know that can be costly.

*Air filter changed
*Fuel filter changed
*Oil filter changed
*New oil
*Forte diesel advance treatment

Glow plugs next. If its still persists after changing these what do you guys suggest?
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

See how you get on with glowplugs. Glad you been bizzy on the old car. Have you had the battery checked/replaced yet. Did yuu find out what type of fuel filter you had fitted to car in the end
Gooner4life

Post by Gooner4life »

andy2019 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:10 am See how you get on with glowplugs. Glad you been bizzy on the old car. Have you had the battery checked/replaced yet. Did yuu find out what type of fuel filter you had fitted to car in the end
Hi Andy, I haven't had my battery checked yet, but I sometimes I feel everytime you get your battery checked they fob you off to try and get you to buy one anyway, even though the battery is running fine, but I guess it's something I will have to consider if the glow plugs don't work.

Yeah thanks for the info about the fuel filter, i had a look and it required the black one, only took 10min to fit.

I had my wheels refurb and sprayed gloss black yesterday and I left my car overnight their and when the guy first started it up in the morning he mentioned the bad ilding on the first start up.
Gooner4life

Post by Gooner4life »

Okay I managed to change my glow plugs today and it took a lot longer because myy ratchet fell in the engine bay which took me 45min to get out with dismantling part of the front bumper. Then when I was putting the bolts back on for the engine cover my socket flew behind the engine and dropped down. I had to take the cover off underneath the car to find it. Time will tell tomorrow morning if it starts bad on a cold start.

These are the glow plugs below. Bottom are the new ones.