Pessanger Air Bag 'On' light turns off after 10 second

ICE, Equipment, Options
kumargaurav
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by kumargaurav »

Hi All,

I purchased a Nissan Qashqai recently. The model name is 1.3 DIG-T n-tec DTC Auto; Year 2020 registration. unfortunately I don't have its manual. Below the AC buttons; there are 2 marks beside the 'Passenger AirBag' text. One mark says 'OFF' while another says 'ON'. From certain you tube videos I learnt that 'ON' light should illuminate when an adult passenger is sitting in the front and seat belt is locked. But, I observed when I start the car the  'ON' light illuminates but goes off in 5-10 seconds. But the 'OFF' light keeps on illuminating.

I visited the Cazoo service center and they checked in a scanner and told me there is no problem with Air bags. But their technician is not aware of what these lights mean. When I showed the youtube video to him, he was a bit hesitant and later told me his big scanner went for repair; he may check airbags once again when the scanner is back. FYI.. Scanner is some device used by car technician to check if the Airbags are ok or not.

I am concerned about the safety of my family because per YouTube video the 'ON' should always illuminate. And If 'OFF' light illuminates it means some problem with air bags. Can someone tell me what does it mean as per company manual or if someone knows?

Thanks in advance!
Kumar

Qashqai AirBag Pic.jpeg

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Nope it shouldnt stay on
BobM

Post by BobM »

You have asked the question in the wrong section, you have a J11.
Tekna DIGT MHEV 4X4 CVT
Howlsatthemoon
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Howlsatthemoon »

BobM wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:31 pm You have asked the question in the wrong section, you have a J11.
This is the "Technical Forum - Electronic systems" why are J11's not allowed? :?
lewisbryant

Post by lewisbryant »

In the glove box there's a key hole take your blade out of your key insert it and rotate it so the arrow faces on