Digital Range - Not increasing after refuelling

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by DaveH »

Morning Forum Members

Bit of strange one this. and it's quite possible I may be doing or reading something wrong so would appreciate your thoughts.

On my previous J11 QQ N-Connector, when I refuelled, the analogue gauge went to full and the digital range also went up to indicate the range, e.g 520

On my new J12 QQ Tekna, I had 3/4 of a tank of fuel on the digital fuel gauge so decide to fill up, the digital range remaining said 204miles (before filling up).

After filling up, the digital fuel gauge displayed as full, but the digital range didn't change? I then drove the 12 miles to the office (thinking it may need to reset) but it still didn't change?
it actually dropped a few miles in range from when I had filled up (204mls - 198mls) which you would kind of expect

I have reset the fuel consumption display as I do after every fill up, but I'm at a loss as to why I don't see the range increase, it should be reading in the region of 420+ when full.

Any thought?
Life was good...then I brought a Qashqai, now it’s better!
J12 Qashqai Tekna,1.3, 140bhp, MH, Polar White - 2023
J11 Qashqai N-Connecta,1.5DCI Polar White (2019 - 2023)
J10 Qashqai Tekna,1.5DCI Gun Metal (2014 - 2019)

DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Think I have just found the answer on the Interweb...

"The Range or DTE (Distance To Empty) reading on the Vehicle Information Display will not reset/recalculate unless at least four (4) gallons of fuel is added to the fuel tank."

That would explain it, only took £20 to top up, will try this again when I get to half full
Life was good...then I brought a Qashqai, now it’s better!
J12 Qashqai Tekna,1.3, 140bhp, MH, Polar White - 2023
J11 Qashqai N-Connecta,1.5DCI Polar White (2019 - 2023)
J10 Qashqai Tekna,1.5DCI Gun Metal (2014 - 2019)
tomonecat

Post by tomonecat »

the car calculates how much mileage is in the tank by your driving conditions, if you do a lot of motorway driving then you get better mpg and the car calculates this and the digital range increases, however if you then start to do short journeys the car recalculates this and the miles in the tank range can decrease dramatically, hope this makes sense