J12 - System and Engine warning message during the start-up

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Olacry
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Olacry »

Hello everyone, I own a Nissan QQ J12 N-CONNECTA 158hp Xtronic with approximately 4,500km on it. I haven't had any major issues with the car, but this past weekend, as soon as I started the car to take it out of the garage, two warnings appeared on the dashboard:
    System malfunction
      Engine malfunction - limited power

I immediately turned off the car. When I restarted it, everything returned to normal, and the car is running fine. Since I'm planning to go on a long trip soon, I contacted the Nissan dealership.

The first person I spoke to over the phone without seeing the car told me that it can happen sporadically. I asked them to inspect the vehicle because diagnosing it over the phone didn't seem right to me. They replied that they don't have any available slots to see the car (which is disappointing considering I bought the car from them six months ago). In an other dealership connected the car to a PC but didn't find any anomalies. They suggested further analysis of the battery or a possible engine electronic update. However, they also didn't have availability.

So, I went to a third center, and they scheduled an appointment for next week. They will keep the car for two days for proper checks.

I am Italian, and on several Italian forums/websites, some people have reported similar, if not identical, issues. Most of them resolved the problem by either updating the firmware or replacing the battery. Others were told that these are sporadic bugs that occur during the car's startup when something doesn't start correctly, resulting in the error message. If the message disappears after turning off and on the car, it's not a real problem.

Of course, I want to have the car checked. In the meantime, has anyone had similar experiences?
      Nissan QQ j12 1.3 158cv
      Skoda Fabia Ambition 1.2 TSI 90cv

Previus cars:

Skoda Roomster Easy 1.6TDI 90cv
      Lancia Y Vanity 1.2 8v 60cv
      Peugeot 205

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Hello olacry,

I experience the exact same issue.
      In the 18 month / 11.700 km I drive my Tekna+ MHEV it happened twice.
      If I stop and exit, lock the car and return afterwards ths issue is 'gone' and everything seems OK.
      The first time it happened to me was about 14 month ago, so I guess that is not too ... bad !
      I will keep the car for the time being for sure as I read here that the e-power version issues may be far worse (?).
      Good luck on your trip.
      Olacry

Post by Olacry »

Thank you for your response.

In my opinion, these are false errors. I have been reading a lot these days, even about other car brands, and these things often happen at startup.

Next week, the dealer will perform an inspection, and we'll see if they find anything.

I've also heard that there are some additional issues with the E-POWER versions... perhaps the car is too new and needs some adjustments to become more stable.

In the end, if you think about it, these cars are now like real computers.
      Nissan QQ j12 1.3 158cv

Previus cars:

Peugeot 205
      Olacry

Post by Olacry »

QUICK-UPDATE: I have taken the car to the dealership. They checked it using a computer and did not find any errors or abnormal situations.

However, while inspecting the battery, they noticed a small acid leak. They proceeded to replace it.
      Nissan QQ j12 1.3 158cv

Previus cars:

Peugeot 205