NO AUDIO!

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
duffmck
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by duffmck »

Got in car this morning and have no audio at all. No station works DAB, FM or bluetooth. Even when you press the voice recognition you get no audio response.
Screen works perfectly fine and shows music is playing as normal.
Turned engine off and left for couple mins but still same!?
Anyone had this issue? Hopefully its maybe cleared itself later on today.
72' N-Connecta 1.3 Magnetic Blue

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I had that about 2 months ago. Left car overnight and it fixed itself.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

Rob_S wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:38 pm I had that about 2 months ago. Left car overnight and it fixed itself.
Same happened to me a few months back.

Very strange.
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
HighwayTG

Post by HighwayTG »

I had the same problem, Spotify showing music is playing but no sound. Interestingly, I made a phone call and straight after that the music started again !
duffmck

Post by duffmck »

Yes, it worked fine later on that day.
Must have been doing an update or something..
TableTopJoe

Post by TableTopJoe »

Hi
I've experienced this twice now in the 7 weeks I've had the car - I start the engine and no sound from radio/Spotify/whatever. On the central display on the dash it says "audio off". I tried re-pairing the phone and numerous other things but it still didn't work. Last time it seemed to fix itself over night so I'm hoping it will be OK in the morning. A bit strange though and I can't find anything online about it.

Beautiful car though and I'm still very happy with it!
2022 J12 1.3 DiG-T Xtronic Tekna - Metallic Blue
TableTopJoe

Post by TableTopJoe »

This is now happening about once a week and it's driving me mad as I can't stand having nothing to listen to on journeys. There's no info on google about it so I'm calling the dealership tomorrow.
2022 J12 1.3 DiG-T Xtronic Tekna - Metallic Blue
duffmck

Post by duffmck »

TableTopJoe wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:26 pm This is now happening about once a week and it's driving me mad as I can't stand having nothing to listen to on journeys. There's no info on google about it so I'm calling the dealership tomorrow.
Hi, yea that seems a bit strange! Still only done it the once with me. Excellent, ask them about sqeaky brakes while your at it! See if they have an answer for that yet. ;)
Ilgrandegigi

Post by Ilgrandegigi »

Mi è capitato un paio di volte alzavo il volume e sulla radio dove indica i numeri del volume al posto di una nota musicale appariva la freccia del navigatore.... Portata in officina per problemi alla batteria del mild Hybrid.... Detto anche del problema del volume.... Ma non sono stati in grado di darmi risposta. Cmq se si spegne e riaccende la macchina mi è sempre tornata normale
ARANTHRUE

Post by ARANTHRUE »

New August 2023 - Nissan J12 White Qashqai Tekna + e-POWER AUTO - Since outside temperature dropped below 8 degree C my audio has, on many occasions, taken a significant time to operate. The screen display always works indicating the radio channel and other associated data information. On my journey, after about 10 miles, the radio audio suddenly starts to work again. During my first 1300 miles my average MPG was 45 miles.
The radio problem and a drop in average MPG to 35 miles started about 4 weeks ago. During this time I also noticed if I accelerated hard a plume of white smoke could be observed behind.
On 11th December 2023 I phoned my dealer to book the car in to have the issues examined.
The earliest appointment they could give me is 17th January 2024. Is this the customer service we should expect from a Nissan dealership?
The average outside temperature has now been 10 degree C for the past 10 days, and during this time I have switched my radio on before starting the car. I also ensured that all possible high current facilities (air condition, blower, heated windscreen, heated seat, heated steering wheel ) were not turned on until the petrol engine started to power the generator. Since then my audio has operated correctly. The next time there is a frosty morning I intend to continue with this procedure which will hopefully give the the same positive result. However, on the following frosty day I will start the car without previously switching on the radio and record the outcome. If my video records that the audio fails, perhaps Nissan might consider if there is a "recall" needed for vehicles they have fitted with a significant amount of current hungry facilities. Hopefully all will be resolved and I will again be able to enjoy this lovely car again.