Ebay seller of qashqai bits

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

4 sold??? Incredible!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

supergrover - Look forward to seeing and more importantly hearing what you think - thanks!
PeterL2014-08-31 19:35:08
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
nsign7

Post by nsign7 »

This thread has some details of sellers.

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c1253.html

I bought the front lip cover which is made from polished steel and is straightforward to fix.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Parts arrived today - got to choose delivery day via text and kept updated through the day with a map showing where the driver was, how many drops he had to do before us, and the package turned up at exactly the time they said it would - so no complaints there.

Both the tailgate trim and side trim are stainless steel, no chromed plastic. Each package had a multi language instruction leaflet and a sachet of primer. The idea is wash the car, let it dry, wipe the areas being fitted with IPA (not included but I'd already ordered from eBay a pack of 30 wipes for £1.19) then apply the primer, remove the backing from the double sided tape on the back of each item and press firmly for a minute. Hopefully job done.

I offered them up to the car and the fit looks perfect. The side trims are flat in profile so they have no protective function. The rear trim is pre-curved to the shape of the tailgate and looks like it'll set the back off a treat, again it's pressed steel but has a bit more depth to it than the side trim.

I'll get them fitted at the weekend and post a pic or two.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Ok, so Saturday was rainy, so today was the day to clean and fit my bling. The tailgate trim went on a treat - well, there's only one way to put it on. The side trims were confusing - when I unpacked them, two had blue backing to the adhesive tape, and two had red - this suggested the blue went on one side and the red the other - but no matter how I offered them up, the only way they went "right" with the straight edges matching the line of the doors where the rear edge of the front door meets the leading edge of the rear door, was to put one red front with one blue rear and vice versa... I should explain that the instructions consisted of an identical sheet in each box detailing the method of preparing the surface, and nothing specific to the item in question.

Anyway I'm happy with the result - at the same time, I fitted some £1.99 self adhesive chrome trim to the bumper lip in lieu of a proper product. That's successful too in my opinion.supergrover2014-09-07 15:44:53
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Thanks for snaps; did you get stung for UK Customs costs??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

supergrover - great photos and I'm sure do justice to the parts, which do look good. I already have the Nissan bits on the tail-gate which for me offers the protection needed. For some reason whenever I opened to boot it seemed to hit something either in the garage or the car park and I had managed to mark the paint in a couple of places.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Gel - nope, came from the UK. Delivered by Interlink, and a very good service too, as I've already mentioned.

PeterL - these are stainless steel door fittings but don't protrude beyond the plastic moulding below, so I don't think they offer any protection, however in fairness I wasn't looking for anything more than the appearance - especially with a black Qashqai, I felt it needed something to brighten up the side, and these trims do just that.

Overall, I'd say: appearance 10/10, price: 10/10, instructions 5/10, product and purchasing experience 9/10 - mostly down to the bargain price and excellent delivery service through the seller's chosen courier.
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

the door side trims in the 2nd picture. The ones on rear doors, should not be opposite on the other side of car to align with wheel fender?
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)