Satnav premium traffic updates?

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

Hi,
I've recently taken delivery of the 22 model and I have the sat nav which is using Google maps along with the premium traffic, yet I don't see the same traffic information I do using android auto Google maps

Is this normal or am I missing something, as I would then question what is the premium for?

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Google Maps ... are you using Andoid Auto or Carplay ?
The J12 Satnav is using TomTom maps AFAIK !
When using Waze (AA or Carplay) then you will get that kind of detailed Traffic information.
Premium Traffic + TomTom is far more limited (does not even support trajectory speed limit warnings).
The latest J12 2022 system may be different, but Google Maps :?:
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

Thank you for the reply

When I use the satnav is says built by Google and has a Google search function.

We hit traffic because of a collision and noticed the nav said nothing, yet we checked Google maps (on android auto) and there it was
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

The Qashqai definitely USED to come with TomTom - see this article for instance:

https://www.tomtom.com/customers/advanc ... n-qashqai/

The latest generation of the QASHQAI – Nissan’s best-selling compact crossover SUV – brings drivers a new standard of comfort and safety with advanced infotainment and driver assistance features, supported by TomTom tech.

The all-new Nissan QASHQAI comes equipped with an array of safety features designed to offer drivers more comfort and confidence behind the wheel. That includes Nissan ProPILOT with Navi-link, which assists with acceleration and braking within a single lane on a highway. TomTom ADAS Map tech underpins this revolutionary system, providing high-quality map content about the road ahead.

With a fully reimagined infotainment system, featuring TomTom maps and live services, it’s even easier for QASHQAI drivers to navigate their world. TomTom’s over-the-air map update service ensures that navigation information is always fresh and reliable. Rich 3D maps, turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic and connected services round out the experience, giving drivers everything they need to enjoy effortless journeys.

Is it possible that the new larger infotainment display has changed to the Google operating system and its mapping - or is it simply that the system is Google but the mapping is still TomTom?

Do the maps look identical for the same area either using the inbuilt sat nav or Google Maps via AA?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

I have the new 22 model which has the updated info system
The maps shows built by Google the search shows google so I'd be puzzled to why they would then add tomtom on top.

But it could explain why its not showing
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Just a double check that you've got premium traffic switched on too?
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Internet connection? Google map traffic info will need one.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

gloucester wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:31 pm
Do the maps look identical for the same area either using the inbuilt sat nav or Google Maps via AA?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

If I look at YouTube videos with the new 12.3 infotainment system then it looks like these are still the same old tomtom maps!
It is however very well possible that the system is more Google like in many other ways.
But to me it does not at all look like Google Automotive... Just yet!?
Phairplay

Post by Phairplay »

hootintootin wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:26 pm Just a double check that you've got premium traffic switched on too?
hootintootin wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:26 pm Just a double check that you've got premium traffic switched on too?
Yes to both :)
QaiFan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:30 pm If I look at YouTube videos with the new 12.3 infotainment system then it looks like these are still the same old tomtom maps!
It is however very well possible that the system is more Google like in many other ways.
But to me it does not at all look like Google Automotive... Just yet!?
So it's a hybrid
Tomtom maps with Google searching