Steering Effort

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
mcscoty
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by mcscoty »

Just posting this in case someone finds it useful. I found the steering on my J12 quite light and could feel vibration through it going over relatively non smooth roads. I came from a Kadjar so was used to a slightly different driving style. Anyway I know you can use the D - Mode switch and go to sport mode, but it is annoying to have to do this after every restart, as it resets to Standard.

However, there is a setting in the dash Driving Aids -> Driving Effort. it is set to Drive Mode but you can change this to Sport and it will persists across restarts, this setting only impacts the steering, the driving mode on the dash will remain on Standard by default. I assume changing this must means that only the transmission is changed by the D-Mode switch while the Steering Effort has been changed to a mode other than Drive Mode.

I have found the drive is much better for me at least in this mode, it is stiffer than before but do not find I am drifting across the lane because of light steering. The manual does state all of this, but it is not very clear.

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Oh that's interesting...will give it a try
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Ref the steering - thats pretty much as J11b Tekna and Tekna +.
Its just that our suspension doesnt change
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

mcscoty wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:24 pm Just posting this in case someone finds it useful. I found the steering on my J12 quite light and could feel vibration through it going over relatively non smooth roads. I came from a Kadjar so was used to a slightly different driving style. Anyway I know you can use the D - Mode switch and go to sport mode, but it is annoying to have to do this after every restart, as it resets to Standard.

However, there is a setting in the dash Driving Aids -> Driving Effort. it is set to Drive Mode but you can change this to Sport and it will persists across restarts, this setting only impacts the steering, the driving mode on the dash will remain on Standard by default. I assume changing this must means that only the transmission is changed by the D-Mode switch while the Steering Effort has been changed to a mode other than Drive Mode.

I have found the drive is much better for me at least in this mode, it is stiffer than before but do not find I am drifting across the lane because of light steering. The manual does state all of this, but it is not very clear.
Works really well thanks. Great to have sporty steering all the time not just when I put it in sport mode.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
mcscoty

Post by mcscoty »

hootintootin wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:54 am
Works really well thanks. Great to have sporty steering all the time not just when I put it in sport mode.
Glad you like it :D