Managed to stall J12 Tekna Xtronic

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
davebob
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by davebob »

Hello

Took delivery of my new Qashqai yesterday. J12 Tekna Xtronic with the new bigger screen! Love it. Looks amazing and a great drive. Done about 50 miles so far!

It came with a tiny amount of fuel in it (100 miles or so range), so today the fuel light came on (40 miles range).

I went home first and about 2 hours later drove the 1 mile from my house to the petrol station.

On reversing out of my driveway I managed to stall the car. Strange I thought, but started the engine and carried on.
Next junction, stopped and stalled again.
Repeated stalling at every junction and as I arrived into the petrol station.

Before you say "That's the stop start function", it was definitely a stall, the dashboard told me as much.

After filling it up I started again and drove off and everything was fine. Have done a few more drives since and no more stalling.

I thought it was pretty much impossible to stall an automatic, which makes me wonder if there's something wrong with it?

My only theory is something to do with the low fuel and how it would have been the first fuel it ever had, so perhaps wasn't great fuel/watered down fuel/air in the tank? When I added more fuel that might have perhaps fixed it? I'm not technical when it comes to cars so only a theory.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks
David

cpt-spekkie

Post by cpt-spekkie »

Have not experienced that in my J12 xtronic, but then again mine came with a full tank (as we pay for that here in the Netherlands ;) )
Having that said i have managed to stall my car once as i was getting used to drive automatic, but can't really remember how i managed to do that.

Maybe it needs time to get used to its new owner :lol:
Qashqai J12 | 1.3 MHEV | Tekna + design pack | Xtronic | Magnetic Blue + Black roof | 19" Rims | Light grey / grey interior | Privacy glass | Glass roof | Stainless door sills |
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

I paid for the garage to fill my tank before I collected it. They filled it at a local supermarket and I saw the receipt. Much easier I reckon

OP issue does sound like running low on fuel...perhaps differing road angles causing air to be drawn it at various points?
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021