J11b versus J12 comparison

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

The torque is lost - the engine is just as spirited on initial pull away - but mid range torque was pretty poor in my opinion.

As a mild hybrid - its just a box ticking exercise to satisfy the various governments and the green party.
Its just a battery system to run various electrical loads instead of using the alternator and main battery all the time.

Its not for me I'm afraid - I couldn't afford the extra fuel

hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

I've had a J11 (derv) for a couple of years as a company car and now a J12 as an owned car.

The improvements are so huge in the J12 I would certainly never go back to a J11.

The build quality is there that the J11 lacked. The driving position is much improved as is the layout of the controls. The 1.3 petrol engine is amazing..no lag like on the derv. The xtronic gearbox is spot on unlike the bag of **** I had go ping on the J11 within the first 1000 miles.

The J12 gives the option of a supple ride with lighter steering or switch to sport on you get sharper ride and steering. The standard mode is brilliant on long journeys on motorways but I do switch to sport mode on the country hills.

The technology is a big step up. The new drivers display and heads up display are fab. The pro pilot is brilliant.

The EU have killed diesels in cars so petrol ICE is all you're gonna get. I'm happy with the spritely 1.3 petrol and the fuel economy.

Cars always go up in price when models change...however I achieved a good discount without too much haggling this time last year.

The biggest cost in running a car is usually depreciation. so far J12 seems to be holding its value pretty well.

For those thinking about a J12...take one for a test drive and judge for yourself...it is only your opinion that matters.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

hootintootin wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:54 pm I've had a J11 (derv) for a couple of years as a company car and now a J12 as an owned car.

The improvements are so huge in the J12 I would certainly never go back to a J11.

The build quality is there that the J11 lacked. The driving position is much improved as is the layout of the controls. The 1.3 petrol engine is amazing..no lag like on the derv. The xtronic gearbox is spot on unlike the bag of **** I had go ping on the J11 within the first 1000 miles.

The J12 gives the option of a supple ride with lighter steering or switch to sport on you get sharper ride and steering. The standard mode is brilliant on long journeys on motorways but I do switch to sport mode on the country hills.

The technology is a big step up. The new drivers display and heads up display are fab. The pro pilot is brilliant.

The EU have killed diesels in cars so petrol ICE is all you're gonna get. I'm happy with the spritely 1.3 petrol and the fuel economy.

Cars always go up in price when models change...however I achieved a good discount without too much haggling this time last year.

The biggest cost in running a car is usually depreciation. so far J12 seems to be holding its value pretty well.

For those thinking about a J12...take one for a test drive and judge for yourself...it is only your opinion that matters.
Agree with you entirely.

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
diamata
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by diamata »

Coming from J10 and then J11A, there is a lot of improvements in J12. The improved technology sets J12 apart from its predecesors. The front body shape is spot on. It is something that I thought was overdue. The head up display, wireless charging etc are all fab.

However, there are things that I don't like. The gearlever (manual) is a bit far and harder to reach which causes me side back pain. Maybe I need to look at my seating position but I prefer to sit a bit higher and further back to enjoy my ride. Or could be that the seat is not as supportive? I enjoyed J11 on this and because of the gearlevel now I feel like maybe I should have gone for auto.

Inititially, something was not right with the interior mirror and now having read this thread I tend to agree that it is a bit smaller.

I feel like J12 likes a drink but I am coming from a diesel background so difficult to judge here.

I agree the J12 interior looks cheap. The black interior plastic of my car is becoming white. It needs constant treatment to stay black. The steering wheel is also becoming white. I need to raise this with Nissan as it is not normal. My previous Acenta Premium's interior was more durable and always looked pure black.

Overall, bodywise J12 still has a lot of plastic around. If it was not the improved technology and the front body appearance, I would have opted for J11B Tekna+ or n-tec+ with limited extenal plastic around. Both look sporty on the back as well.

Importantly, J12 Acenta Premium and E-Connecta are no longer the same as its predecesors and this is the reason I opted for the Premiere Edition.

Yes, overall a lot of improvements but lacking in small details.
Now: 2021 Qashqai Premiere Edition 1.3 DIG-T MHEV - Manual
Before: 2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Previous: 2007 Qashqai Acenta 1.5 Diesel – Manual