Cruise control problem

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

Having a issue with my cruise control on my 2007 2l diesel Qashqai..... When I first put it on it works ok, but when I brake or change gear and it goes off it wont come back on!! The cruise control light comes on, but when I flick switch the 2nd light dosent come on and nothing happens.. Any help would be appreciated.

QashqaiSilver

Post by QashqaiSilver »

poolielad wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:42 pm Having a issue with my cruise control on my 2007 2l diesel Qashqai..... When I first put it on it works ok, but when I brake or change gear and it goes off it wont come back on!! The cruise control light comes on, but when I flick switch the 2nd light dosent come on and nothing happens.. Any help would be appreciated.
You say it goes off if you brake or change gear? Do you mean the light on the dash would turn off?
You do realise that if you brake it is meant to turn off, in case of an emergency, the green light should still be on the dashboard, if you want to resume the previous speed set, just push the toggle switch up to resume, or down to set a new speed.
J10, 2008, 1.6 petrol, Acenta
poolielad

Post by poolielad »

QashqaiSilver wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:26 pm
poolielad wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:42 pm Having a issue with my cruise control on my 2007 2l diesel Qashqai..... When I first put it on it works ok, but when I brake or change gear and it goes off it wont come back on!! The cruise control light comes on, but when I flick switch the 2nd light dosent come on and nothing happens.. Any help would be appreciated.
You say it goes off if you brake or change gear? Do you mean the light on the dash would turn off?
You do realise that if you brake it is meant to turn off, in case of an emergency, the green light should still be on the dashboard, if you want to resume the previous speed set, just push the toggle switch up to resume, or down to set a new speed.
Yes I know that.... It was working fine, but now, once you brake or change gear, when I flick the button nothing happens, I`e it dosent go back into cruise mode....