driveshafts

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Cb2lou
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Cb2lou »

hi all newbie here my wife has a 2008 2.0d auto the she was moaning that when she went over 50 mph the car was shaking so took it for a drive i got to 60 mph and it shook violently so thought maybe wheels need balancing a mate suggested swapping the wheels round first to see if it makes any difference so did that and took it for a drive and i thought it was better after a month or so it went for mot failed on both front ball joints so the garage replaced and past mot about a week later she says the cars making a grating noise so took it out for a drive the wobble was worse so took both front wheels of thinking that was one of the back plates was rubbing on disc but all fine but the noise seemed it was more on passenger side so changed wheel bearing and still the same so after googling and asking about it was suggested it maybe a driveshaft so thought right i will change them both instead of messing around trying to eliminate one or the other so does anyone think im wasting my time with driveshafts i was looking at doing it next weekend also will i lose any atf when i take drive shafts out as it was changed not so long ago on a service and makes it more expense sorry for long write up but some people like the info any advice would be great thanks.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I’m completely non-technical so unable to help but welcome to the forum
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Corinne112
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Corinne112 »

That’s okay man. I bought this car a year ago. No problem at all. Garage has done pressure test on cooling system and they claim no leak. Head gasket test came out negative. The only way I can think of could be water pump or expansion tank. I fill it to max level indicator
Newtothis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Newtothis »

Hi all, this is my first time posting on here and sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place but i am hoping you guys can help me out.
My issue is i am trying to source a nearside driveshaft for my 2017 facelift qq but im being told its main dealer only and they have quoted me over 1k for the part alone. Does anybody know if the driveshaft from the 2015/2016 models is the same and where i might be able to source one? I have found one with a part# 391014paob but Nissan says this is not correct. Thanks in advance for any help
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

May not be the correct part, but enter your details and it should come up https://www.gsfcarparts.com/gsp241286?a ... gJrCvD_BwE . No ties to this, just did a google, plenty on there.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.