2.0 diesel 2011 vibrates at speed - sometimes

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Norfolkdave57!
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Norfolkdave57! »

Hi

I'm new to the Quashai but quite like it. However, our 2.0 diesel has had some problems since we bought it in February this year, the biggest of which is vibration through the floor (nothing through the steering wheel) at speed. It was fine for a few hundred miles then vibrated at about 60mph for a short while, which I though may have been a bad road surface, on a 150 mile return trip to Lincoln. It then got worse and at times felt quite violent on further longer journeys. I realised after a while that depressing the clutch stopped the vibration for a bit, after which it would start up again at some point. It never vibrates until after about half an hour of driving (presumably when the engine has got really warmed up), and there's nothing at slow speed that I can sense.

The dealer we bought the car from changed a driveshaft and wheel bearing, then after it reoccurred I put it into a Nissan dealer for a diagnostic. They said an injector had failed, so we had them all tested and sure enough one was a failure, so that was replaced. While the car is smoother, it hasn't stopped the vibration, which came back on Sunday (a very hot day) when returning from a bike ride with two bikes on the towbar rack. It started again after about half an hour of driving and while it never got too bad we could both feel it through the seats, so a floor pan vibration rather than steering.

I've been told this could be the dual mass flywheel by Halfords, while other Forum posts suggest engine mountings. How do I work out what the problem is?

Dave

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Let's hope the more knowledgeable people on here chip in - I haven't a clue!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)