Stop Start System Fault when pressing brake pedal. New J12

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ShooterDavie
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ShooterDavie »

This has been showing up since I got the car...Thought it might be the battery if its been lying on a factory floor for a while.
SS System Fault appears whilst driving as soon as I press the brake pedal. Going in to dealership in a couple of days so I`ll let you know. Seems they just cant get around this fault for some reason going by past posts!!
Also Automatic Brake not always coming on if I stop the car engine. Tried it in P and also in N with varying results :( :(

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

ShooterDavie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:46 pm
Also Automatic Brake not always coming on if I stop the car engine. Tried it in P and also in N with varying results :( :(
Any fault take it straight back. Certainly not common fault at all. How long have you had the car?

For the autobrake please read the thread on here which will explain the circumstances in which the auto parking brake will come on. You certainly need your seat belt fastened for one. A quick search will find the thread.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum, I haven’t heard of this fault before.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
ShooterDavie

Post by ShooterDavie »

Thanks doe the welcome!

I have only had the car for about 3 weeks. The automatic brake has a mind of its own...bu surely, if I stop the engine (seatbelt still attached) then open the drivers door, that the brake should apply? Nothing to stop the car rolling away if its in N or rolling a little bit when in P. Even the Auto hold is not coming on...
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Have a careful read of the manual re the auto brake - things aren't always what they seem with Nissan.

However you shouldn't be getting the S/S warning.

Some J12 owners have already reported replacement batteries being fitted under warranty. This seems to be a long term issue that Nissan can't resolve.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)