1.5 DCI Normal Idle Vibration?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrRamone
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrRamone »

I have very recently purchased a 2013 1.5 DCI Qashqai. When the engine is idle it seems like it is vibrating a fair amount. When stationary in traffic and the engine idle the mirros in the wing mirros seem to vibrate. Under the bonnet some pipes are vibrating a fair amount when engine is idle. Soon as any extra rpm is applied it is smooth and fine.

So far I have replaced the air filter and fuel filter, and will be replacing the oil filter and an oil change. I also have it booked in to get the timing belt, aux belt and water pump changed as really do need doing.

I have attached a video below. However due to the 30 FPS in the video it looks like it is slowly wobbling, where as in person it is actually quite a fast vibration so seems worse, but same range of movement.

Is this normal vibration at idle? I have owned a few diesels before which seem smoother at idle, but never a Qashqai 1.5 DCI so cannot compare.

sbamforth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by sbamforth »

Hey. I have the 1.2T 2015 Qashqai and I am experiencing the exact same problems you've described. I know this post is quite old but did you get to the bottom of it? Would be great to know to help me out.