Turbo to Intercooler OR Intercooler to turbo

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Trail71
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Trail71 »

Hi group

Having a real stress with my 1.5DCi 2010 Qashqai

Started getting limp mode at 70mph and fault codes point to a boost pressure issue.

First diagnotic assessment, which was non conclusive, claimed the turbo was making boost but holding it and not releasing the pressure so limp mode.

Have had it seen by Nissan today, who say it's a defunct intercooler - as in there are leaks in the pipes and also an issue with the intercooler itself - a repair bill of £1800 (labour, intercooler and pipes/seals).

The Nissan guy couldn't 100% state that this would fix the issue, just that they have found leaks with the intercooler.

So my question is - could a dodgy turbo lead to intercooler problems, and fixing the intercooler just delay the fault returning OR coud the intercooler leaks be linked to Boost pressure issues?

I know it's impossible to give an exact answer - but I just can't decide whether the spend the money on fixing what could be a side effect of an iffy Turbo

(am also going to call some local garages for quotes too as I know dealers and be $$$ )

Thanks
Nissan Qashqai 2010 1.5 DCi J10 FWD