Problem with Dashboard rattle

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
xavpiq
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq »

contor wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:48 am I had two rattles in mine J12. Both of them were from airbags. Driver's and passenger's. For this that coming from drivers it likes sound from the dashboard but it isn't from there. Try to push or pull driver's airbag among you listen the rattle. For the driver's passenger your dealer has to remove the glove box and set airbag in the right possition.
Thanks Contor, I'll ask the dealer.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

Smithy14

Post by Smithy14 »

I have had a few dashboard related issue and the car was back into the dealership for over 3 weeks but still the noise persist. I contacted the dealership and they basically said I need to accept or they will buy the car back as I'm never going to be happy. Anyway the noise I'm getting is from the bezel around the virtual screen which is annoying but a simple fix plus I still have the odd buzzing noise from the passenger side. I have emailed Nissan Customer Services so waiting for a reply other than that the car is great
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

Smithy14 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:54 pm I have had a few dashboard related issue and the car was back into the dealership for over 3 weeks but still the noise persist. I contacted the dealership and they basically said I need to accept or they will buy the car back as I'm never going to be happy. Anyway the noise I'm getting is from the bezel around the virtual screen which is annoying but a simple fix plus I still have the odd buzzing noise from the passenger side. I have emailed Nissan Customer Services so waiting for a reply other than that the car is great
What is the virtual screen?

Thanks

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
swanseadavid

Post by swanseadavid »

Hi, I have the same intermittent rattle and I think its from behind the main instrument binnacle. Had the same problem on a Qashqai about 10 years ago and dealer wanted to strip the dash and keep car for up to 2 weeks, I lived with that rattle and may do with this one.
22reg Tekna plus
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

contor wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:48 am I had two rattles in mine J12. Both of them were from airbags. Driver's and passenger's. For this that coming from drivers it likes sound from the dashboard but it isn't from there. Try to push or pull driver's airbag among you listen the rattle. For the driver's passenger your dealer has to remove the glove box and set airbag in the right possition.
I think I have the same rattle?
How did you Dolce drivers airbag rattle ?

Thank you
contor

Post by contor »

Wilko wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:08 pm
I think I have the same rattle?
How did you Dolce drivers airbag rattle ?

Thank you
Dealer pull out the airbag, change a little the possiton of the cables that are behind the airbag and put it on again. After 3 months of this I don't have this rattle. Maybe others but not this.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Thank you.
Will try that.