Stop/Start

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
jenno
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by jenno »

Hi all you clever people out there, got my new tekna just over a week ago. Everything working fine, then i had a play around in the settings etc. and now the stop/start isn't working. When i pull up at traffic lights foot on brake peddle auto brake comes in, auto stop comes in, engine stops and then starts up immediately, any ideas appreciated, tia.

J12 1.3 DiG-T MH 158Tekna 5dr Xtronic Magnetic Blue

hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

There are many criteria that have to be met for stop start to activate.

The outside temperature, the level in the battery, what drive mode you're in, demand on the electrical systems (like air con trying to cool the car down)..the list goes on.

I wouldn't worry....just keep an eye on it...after a long run in standard drive mode it ought to come on
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Might you be sitting there with your foot on the accelerator pedal? If you touch it whilst the engine is off, it'll restart.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
jenno

Post by jenno »

hootintootin wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:52 pm There are many criteria that have to be met for stop start to activate.

The outside temperature, the level in the battery, what drive mode you're in, demand on the electrical systems (like air con trying to cool the car down)..the list goes on.

I wouldn't worry....just keep an eye on it...after a long run in standard drive mode it ought to come on
Hi, i went through all the faults in the manual, as you mentioned. Been on several long drives still not working like it was when i collected it. Thanks for your info though.
jenno

Post by jenno »

Pandjh wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:18 pm Might you be sitting there with your foot on the accelerator pedal? If you touch it whilst the engine is off, it'll restart.
Hi, no my feet have been well clear of both peddles. Thanks for info though.
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

jenno wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:08 am
hootintootin wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:52 pm There are many criteria that have to be met for stop start to activate.

Hi, i went through all the faults in the manual, as you mentioned. Been on several long drives still not working like it was when i collected it. Thanks for your info though.
I'd just add that the points I mentioned aren't faults they are just a few of the key determinants on whether stop/start will engage or not.

If it still doesn't come on with no aircon on after a long drive then take it back to your dealer for a look.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
DaveCat

Post by DaveCat »

I have a similar problem.
J12 158 Xtronic March reg.
Engine turns off due to stop / start while braking, then turns back on again before the car becomes stationary, with the start / stop light showing a line through it. Unfortunately, the engine restarting gives a slight boost to the car at the same time.
Even aside from that, start / stop doesn't seem to work as it should. Having said that, I haven't read the relevant parts of the owner's manual....!
Anyone else had that? Not been to a dealer about it yet.
Coming soon: Nissan Qashqai J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic Tekna
Current: Freelander 2004
ophidian

Post by ophidian »

Expectations how it should work are yours expectations.

For me it works pretty fine.

It is completely logical that it will switch motor on and make short movement if you do not hold brakes..Or avto hold icon green. How the car will know that you would not like to move?😏
April '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Blue/Black
forrestiny

Post by forrestiny »

DaveCat wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:47 pm I have a similar problem.
J12 158 Xtronic March reg.
Engine turns off due to stop / start while braking, then turns back on again before the car becomes stationary, with the start / stop light showing a line through it. Unfortunately, the engine restarting gives a slight boost to the car at the same time.
Even aside from that, start / stop doesn't seem to work as it should. Having said that, I haven't read the relevant parts of the owner's manual....!
Anyone else had that? Not been to a dealer about it yet.
Same here. I hit the brakes, the engine stops and if the car doesn't become stationary in about 3-5secconds the the engine starts again.
I haven't searched this in the owner's manual, it's just what I noticed.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Don't believe that to be a 'bug'.
The system simply seems to expect the car to come to a stop in a few seconds after hitting the brakes !
If it does not the Firmware/program wants the driver to have a car ready to speed up again.
Anyway it must be quite annoying to never know when the engine cuts out and will restart on its own !
I have the 6 MT version (not Xtronic) but I also don't like to never really know for sure exactly when the engine will decide to Start/Stop (AC priority etc) !