Front Parking Camera - J10 (or maybe J10b? - 63 plate)

ICE, Equipment, Options
cwjx1994
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by cwjx1994 »

Hi Folks :)

Just joined this forum, having taken ownership of a new (to me) Qashqai, 63 plate, 1.6L diesel with the 360° camera pack. Loving it - well up from my Corsa which was my first ever car :o perfect for the fortnightly fishing trips up to Perthshire.

Downside, is being a 9yo car, I already have a couple of issues that I'm getting the dealer to sort (one being the previous owner stuck a different - possibly off brand - wing mirror that 1) did not have the camera and 2) vibrates more than a lady's rabbit!), but something else I noticed parking up was that the front camera was blurry as heck!

Had a look at it, and it looks like someone might have knocked it, or tried to lift it, as the lens is all clouded over - probably what's causing the blurriness. Have acquired (what I've been told) is the correct replacement cam off one of the ebay scrappies for a couple of bob, and thinking about giving it a go to replace, as it just seems like 4 screws and a cable to plug in.

Before I start pulling things off though, I was ordered (by the missus) to ask more knowledgeable people than myself is it as straight forward as I'm thinking? Figured it was a case of lifting the bonnet, unscrew the front grille (which according to what schematics I've found, is just a half dozen or so screws?) and there'll the camera be?

Cheers in advance for any help :)

Chris

Edit: Also, if anyone has an idea on how I can disable the speed camera alerts on the stereo? We went through the settings and saw something about "Automatic traffic alerts" (or words to that effect) and thought that was it, but still getting them... Annoying because I don't think any of the previous owners ever bothered updating the satnav, so it's triggering on cameras that haven't been there for years!

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Nothing on Qashqais turns out to be as easy as you might think. I'll let others comment on the specifics of your queries.

I presume you have a handbook? Otherwise I can supply a PDF - in fact it might be same enough to attach - let's see...

2011_Nissa Qashqai OM11E-0J10E1E.pdf
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I've been trying to find the camera here but failed - anyone?

https://nissan-europe.epc-data.com/qash ... e/720-r9m/
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
cwjx1994

Post by cwjx1994 »

gloucester wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:27 pm I've been trying to find the camera here but failed - anyone?

That's the link I mentioned I'd found :( Not sure why there doesn't seem to be anything with the cams on them :x Thank you for trying to look for me as well though :) Having not really had much exp with cars, it's all a minefield unless someone has a handy youtube vid for it :lol: (did find some vids for what look like J11s, but nothing - that I could see - for J10s :( )
cwjx1994

Post by cwjx1994 »

cwjx1994 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:31 pm
gloucester wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:27 pm I've been trying to find the camera here but failed - anyone?

That's the link I mentioned I'd found :( Not sure why there doesn't seem to be anything with the cams on them :x Thank you for trying to look for me as well though :) Having not really had much exp with cars, it's all a minefield unless someone has a handy youtube vid for it :lol: (did find some vids for what look like J11s, but nothing - that I could see - for J10s :( )
Ooops... It seems like my first reply got lost :x

Car came with all documents :) Including a full service history :D did have to pay through the teeth for it, but it was practically the only 4WD car I found locally thanks to the 2nd car shortage at the moment...

Had a look through that website as well, found it searching through threads when I was just lurking, but nothing seemed to have mention of the camera :x
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I have the service manual for the J10 but not the J10B
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I'm not at all familiar with the camera(s) setup but changing a camera won't be fun. Might be easy but needs accurately positioning.

The blurring could be a misaligned/dislodged lens or perhaps dampness within the camera.

I don't believe these headunits have speed camera data from Nissan. None of them do even to current date...unless they are loaded via whats called POI's (Point of Interest) files. And thats done by an owner. It maybe camera errors causing noises...unplug it and see. If anything is loaded in the headunit by an owner then it should be in the headunit Nav menu.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Gnoos

Post by Gnoos »

You can disable the beeps from the speed cameras in the menu.
The front camera is just behind the Nissan badge, 2 screws and your done. The grill has 4 pop out plastic clips at the top and is slotted in at the bottom.
5 min job
Going by the rear camera (my front doesn't work) park assist just projects lines to show how far you are away from other parked cars. I don't use them myself and find it easier to look out the window. I've driven vans and lorries for years without any assist and not bumped into anyone.