Chinese Tyres

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
AdamC84
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by AdamC84 »

Hello.

What's the best Chinese budget tyre to get please as this is all that I can afford.

I am looking between a brand called ROADMARCH and APTANY, but there is also DELINTE.

Anyone use any of these, especially Roadmarch as they are the cheapest.

Thanks.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Never heard of any of them; why risk your own + your family's life with unknown rubber?
Your profile needs updating to show the model you drive/ location etc
Modify tyre size as necessary here:-
https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-55-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

Look at pre-used tyres of a decent make would be much safer. Look on Facebook Marketplace etc
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
AdamC84

Post by AdamC84 »

Aren't part worns frowned on, as not sure if been repaired or where they have come from?
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

This posting follows on from this one:

viewtopic.php?t=12142
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Aptany/RA301.htm

The Aptany RA301 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

... but ...

2016 Test World Performance Tyre Test - 13th of 13 tyres

Positive - Low noise level, low rolling resistance
Negative - Long braking distances and poor handling on dry and wet roads

... and some of the comments are dire.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Delinte/DH2.htm

The Delinite DH2 came on a car which I bought second hand and when I first saw them I was suspicious so looked at some reviews. I wish I had changed them straightaway because these tyres cost me the car in an emergency braking situation. The Delinite DH2 is a noisy and uncomfortable tyre, with very poor fuel efficiency rating and if I wasnt an experienced driver of 25+ years these could have cost my life a few times in the wet. Please please please DO NOT BUY even if you are tight for cash. Anything else is better, Avon, Falken, Dunlop, Good Year. Anything. If this brand is fitted to your current vehicle CHANGE as soon as possible and I mean today.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

AdamC84 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:26 pm ...

These are nankang. [the front two]

I have 1 evergreen tyre on back with a part worn Yokohoma. Think this will be OK too?

https://www.protyre.co.uk/news/may-2018 ... be-illegal

Can I mix different tyre tread patterns?
No. Mixing different tread patterns across the same axle is not allowed. The identical tyre model and tread pattern must be fitted for a single axle. You can, however, use different tyres on a separate axle – just as long as they too match each other.

That said, tyre experts – including Protyre, Continental, and TyreSafe – strongly recommend that you fit the same tyres on all wheel positions of your vehicle. Why? To ensure that you experience a consistent driving experience, without risking a diminished performance that often occurs when mixing tyres.

AdamC84 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:31 pm Ok. So think if I put these to the back and get some new tyres for front, they should be OK?

Or just move these to the back and get same brand for front?

https://www.edentyres.com/should-i-fit- ... t-or-rear/

Fitting new tyres to the front

Why is fitting new tyres to the front is not recommended

A tyres ability to grip on the road surface is directly linked to how well it can clear surface water so that the tyre tread can make good contact with the road surface. The grooves in tyre tread are purposely designed to channel away & disperse water on the road to ensure grip is maintained and prevent aquaplaning.

When a tyre has low tread and is worn, it loses the ability to channel away this surface water as quickly or as fully as necessary which is why worn tyres provide much less grip, especially on wet roads.

If this happens then a build up of water between the vehicle and the road surface can cause the vehicle to ‘aquaplane’ which is a very dangerous scenario that could easily lead to an accident.

If you have new tyres on the front of your vehicle and worn tyres with less tread remain on the rear this could lead to the rear tyres ‘aquaplaning’. If the rear of your vehicle loses traction this is a very dangerous situation & extremely hard to control. It’s likely this would result in an oversteer which is very difficult to correct & the vehicle could begin to slide. This would be very virtually impossible for any driver to control and could potentially result in the vehicle spinning and crashing.

Fitting new tyres to the rear

Why it’s safer to have new tyres fitted to the rear

We would always recommend that for optimum safety, drivers should have their newest tyres fitted to the rear of their vehicle. This will ensure that have greater grip on the rear axle and should prevent any potential oversteer or loss of vehicle stability on slippery surfaces.

Numerous tests have been carried out within the tyre industry that have shown that it is easier to control the front wheels of a vehicle than those at the rear. Having more tread and therefore greater grip on the rear would prevent oversteer & loss of control in wet conditions.

If new tyres were fitted to the rear of the vehicle, if in wet conditions the lower tread, older tyres on the front begin to aquaplane this would cause an understeer which is much easier to control than an oversteer and far less dangerous. The vehicle would be likely to continue in a straight line, even if you are trying to steer right or left. This situation would be easier to control and by easing off of the accelerator and braking lightly, most drivers would soon regain control of the vehicle.
xaote
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xaote »

AdamC84 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:46 pm Hello.

What's the best Chinese budget tyre to get please as this is all that I can afford.

I am looking between a brand called ROADMARCH and APTANY, but there is also DELINTE.

Anyone use any of these, especially Roadmarch as they are the cheapest.

Thanks.
The price of 'premium brand tyres' have come down dramatically over the last few years, I assume its because of all these budget tyres that have flooded the market place.
For the sake of an extra £20 per tyre, as Gel said, is it worth putting yourself and your families life at risk for that?
In my experience, budget tyres provide just enough grip in the dry... but very little in the wet.
Shop around, prices vary dramatically.
Black circles website do some good deals.
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
AdamC84

Post by AdamC84 »

Has any of you hears of:

APOLLO, PACE, RADAR or VREDSTEIN.

They are other choices am looking at, just not sure which category they fall in, eg budget etc.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I'd have no problems with https://www.vredestein.co.uk/ - I don't consider them in the same category as the unknown Chinese brands you're finding.

EDIT - Apollo Vredestein B.V. is a Netherlands-based tire manufacturer. Since 2009, it is owned by Apollo Tyres Ltd of India. Apollo Vredestein B.V. has its head office in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and its production facility in Enschede.

So Apollo is Indian. I might have more faith in Chinese than Indian. But Dutch is fine.