New 12.3" Infotainment display from N-Connecta

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Iqzy
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Iqzy »

QaiFan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:10 pm MikeGC, that might even be the best option, especially since more than the infotainment screen was changed in the 'new' J12.
However for my J12 of less than 6 months old I guess that would mean a financial loss of many thousands of pounds !?
:!: :?:
What else has changed in the "new" J12?

Is it all these changes?

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thanks iqzy. The only functional change may be the 12.3 wide angle screen with the new infotainment softwares.
Nothing is said about the engines or other parts.
Still, the new infotainment system seems, to me, a major improvement for sure!
Early adopters are almost always... to pity I guess.
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

Surprised there is still not much information about this new system.

Is it just a reskin of the current system on a bigger screen or a totally new system?
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

" ... Is it just a reskin of the current system on a bigger screen or a totally new system? ..."
Probably a mix.
I too am looking forward to learning more about it.
Maybe it is even possible to swap the 9" screen with the new system, who knows !???
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

I've asked Glyn Hopkins if it is possible in future to upgrade the infotainment system so I will let you know of any replies.

Just gutted I could have waited a couple weeks more to order and would have gotten digital dashboard and 12" infotainment system.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

" ... I've asked Glyn Hopkins if it is possible in future to upgrade the infotainment system so I will let you know of any replies. ..."
Thank you so much Iqzy !!!
I am eagerly awaiting your answer.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2022-nissa ... ate/n24308

This is our first opportunity to experience the much larger 12.3in central infotainment screen, before it’s rolled out across the rest of the Qashqai range. It features Amazon Alexa so you’ll soon be able to send instructions to your car’s sat-nav from the comfort of your own home, and use far more natural speech when commanding various in-car functions.

The screen resolution and layout is far sharper and more up-to-date than the arcade quality screen currently available in the Qashqai. The home screen uses a tile layout similar to BMW’s iDrive, with a row of on-screen shortcuts down the side of the screen closest to the driver (like on the Audi Q3). It all works far faster than before too, and bodes well for ease of use on the move, although we do lament the fact that the simple volume and radio knobs of the old screen have vanished.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

QaiFan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:22 pm " ... I've asked Glyn Hopkins if it is possible in future to upgrade the infotainment system so I will let you know of any replies. ..."
Thank you so much Iqzy !!!
I am eagerly awaiting your answer.
They called, he said no way of upgrading the system.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I feared as much Iqzy !
If it would have been possible it would probably have been too expensive to be worth it anyway.
The more reason to demand the new infotainment system from now on.
BeardedGeordie

Post by BeardedGeordie »

Halcyon wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:34 pm I've taken a few pics of the screen, sorry about the reflections, not the easiest thing to photograph.
Interestingly I had to go back to the dealer today for a couple of minor issues (a scratch on the steering wheel pre delivery, and an audio glitch) and there were a few QQ's awaiting their new owners and were a mix of smaller and larger screens, even on the Tekna's.
The audio had "unglitched" by the time I arrived at the dealers.

May I ask when you ordered your car Halcyon? I have one on order and delivery is due week ending 22nd July (ordered by the dealer around the end of May).

Nissan UK replied to an email I had sent them, stating all Tekna and Tekna+ models are now manufactured with the 12.3inch Infotainment system. That email sent to me on 24th May.