New 12.3" Infotainment display from N-Connecta

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
xavpiq
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq »

In Italy the 4th (!) price list update has been released at the beginning of march. Starting from N-Connecta there's the new 12.3" infotainment display already seen on the e-power version.

New screen.jpg

Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

frogo

Post by frogo »

Dang it! And I just took delivery of my Tekna yesterday :( Hope this will be a drop in replacement in a few years once some folk start crashing their cars and I can pick up cheap from the scrap yard!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna 158 - Burgundy Auto 2WD
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Replacement ???
I hope so too, but I *highly* doubt we will be able to replace the infotainment system because it is about more than the screen alone ... Firmware and Apps may/will be completely different for this new User Interface !
Even the dealership may not be able to do it.
But what I am also curious about is whether the new 12.3" infotainment system will support Wireless Android Auto !?
Maybe Android Auto / Carplay navigation is now also integrated in the digital dashboard and HUD ???
In continental Europe, starting summer 2022, it will be mandatory for new cars sold to always warn, and for later models also try to prevent, drivers from exceeding the speed limit by monitoring the road signs ... I wonder whether
that is also a part, even a reason of/for the new infotainment system ???
BTW, what about prices ... I can imagine that this new infotainment system might increase prices obn the models from N-Connecta upwards ?
Also ... are the -now- older 9" screens still available ???
Is the Firmware upgradedable on the older screens etc... ?
Last edited by QaiFan on Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
willip10

Post by willip10 »

QaiFan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:52 am Replacement ???
I hope so too, but I *highly* doubt we will be able to replace the infotainment system because it is about more than the screen alone ... Firmware and Apps may/will be completely different for this new User Interface !
Even the dealership may not be able to do it.
But what I am also curious about is whether the new 12.3" infotainment system will support Wireless Android Auto !?
In continental Europe, starting summer 2022, it will be mandatory for new cars sold to always warn, and for later models also try to prevent, drivers from exceeding the speed limit by monitoring the road signs ... I wonder whether
that is also a part, even a reason of/for the new infotainment system ???
BTW, what about prices ... I can imagine that this new infotainment system might increase prices obn the models from N-Connecta upwards ?
Also ... are the -now- older 9" screens still available ???
Is the Firmware upgradedable on the older screens etc... ?
I have a Tekna + with the older style infotainment system and that has that ability now to warn if you go over the speed limit.
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna + 158 - Fugi Sunset Red / Black Roof Auto 4WD
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"I have a Tekna + with the older style infotainment system and that has that ability now to warn if you go over the speed limit."
Indeed, but it stills asks us whether, when using adaptive cruise control, to automatically adjust speed or not.
But future systems (from summer 2022 on) will *have to* make it harder on drivers to exceed speed limitations by truly holding back the car when we want to speed up beyond the speed limits on traffic sigsn etc !
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

Apart from new features/operative system to be seen, I'm not sure I would prefer this new system over the 9" one. For example, this one has only 4 shortcut buttons instead of the 8 of the current version, which I find very useful.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I'd suggest without trying it, it's impossible to judge the differences, particularly since they may both be configurable.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

" ... Apart from new features/operative system ... "
Agreed, but the bigger 12.3 screen may not be only the incentive for a -possible?- upgrade !?
Additional functionality, screen resolution, ease-of-use ... are, AFAIK, still unknown at this time.
Had a look at the UK website ... even the 12.3 inch screen ... still *NO* Wireless Android Auto, only Wireless Apple Carplay.
There is yet one big issue us with the now older infotainment systems are going to experience only a few years from now... The firmware and navigation system and maps will soon become... Abandon-
ware like owners of previous qashqai iteration know all too well!?
This means I, personally, will try to trade-in my J12a car for a J12b/j13 or otherwise even... an e-power within 3 years from now! I better do this asap!??
contor

Post by contor »

A closer view.

71F08D14-315C-4A19-8A58-B0D102B80442.jpeg

B8182530-CF4A-402B-A185-308DEFE78EEB.jpeg

0530AB34-E99F-47F7-A70E-3E7CDF2B850C.jpeg

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thanks contor!
What we still don't know is whether the functionality is enhanced as well!?
Is this only a UI upgrade, or is there more to it!???
Has processing speed been further improved?
One of the features I would truly appreciate is being able to select different theme colors for the infotainment system as well as the digital dashboard. Now it is always in red... IMHO it would look better in blue instead of red for a Magnetic Blue Tekna+... !
Wireless android auto should also be standard in 2022!