New 2022 Nissan Qashqai e-POWER hybrid joins range

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

First drive: 2022 Nissan Qashqai E-Power prototype review

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... ype-review

The infotainment system has been upgraded. This is to incorporate the power flow graphics.
Apparently the refreshed infotainment system is rolling out to other Qashqais too:

A convincing hybrid, then, even if it’s some way short of revolutionary. It looks like our other complaint has been addressed too, as the Qashqai E-Power benefits from a completely new infotainment system with a bigger screen and snazzier graphics. The refreshed system will be rolled out to other Qashqais as well and on very brief acquaintance it’s a solid improvement.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

From the article:

0-62mph 8.5sec (estimated)
Top speed 104mph (estimated)
Economy 53.3mpg (subject to homologation)
CO2 119mpg
[sic = presumably = g/km]

I'm really struggling here to understand the relevancy of this car.

Acceleration is very slow for an "electric" car albeit slightly quicker than the 158 at 9.2 seconds. The former 160 was closer at 8.9 secs though.

Economy is not that much improved over the ordinary 158 hybrid (44mpg) - and in fact identical to a 2109 1.5 diesel.

Emissions are nothing to write home about - the J11 diesel was originally 99 g/km after all.

Unless the cost is comparable to the 158 I can't see really why anyone would go for it - unless they were fanatical about emissions.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:31 am First drive: 2022 Nissan Qashqai E-Power prototype review

The infotainment system has been upgraded. This is to incorporate the power flow graphics.
Apparently the refreshed infotainment system is rolling out to other Qashqais too:

A convincing hybrid, then, even if it’s some way short of revolutionary. It looks like our other complaint has been addressed too, as the Qashqai E-Power benefits from a completely new infotainment system with a bigger screen and snazzier graphics. The refreshed system will be rolled out to other Qashqais as well and on very brief acquaintance it’s a solid improvement.
Oh, does that mean that those of us who already ordered Qashqai won't get new infotainment ? :cry:

Here you can see how it looks like:

0:50

J12 Tekna Xtronic
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Thanks for the video @srbqashqai.

I have taken a screenshot. It would appear they have removed quite a few of the physical buttons and there are a few new touchscreen controls down the left-hand side of the screen? :?

You may be lucky and receive the updated infotainment system? Perhaps Nissan have been waiting to install the new infotainment system, hence less Qashqai's being produced so far this year?

infotainment.JPG

srbqashqai wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 am
Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:31 am First drive: 2022 Nissan Qashqai E-Power prototype review

Oh, does that mean that those of us who already ordered Qashqai won't get new infotainment ? :cry:

Here you can see how it looks like:

0:50

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:45 am You may be lucky and receive the updated infotainment system? Perhaps Nissan have been waiting to install the new infotainment system, hence less Qashqai's being produced so far this year?
I have no idea, I ordered my ICE mild hybrid xtronic tekna in February, dealer told me that it should be built in May and should be in their hands by the end of June.
If anyone who is also waiting for new Qashqai can check with their dealer on which date they will start adding this new infotainment to all new qashqais that would be wonderful.

p.s. I checked with mine and they have no clue, they only know that e-power will be built starting this summer.
J12 Tekna Xtronic
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

According to What Car? the new (and larger) infotainment screen will be 12.3" (previously 9" or 8" depending on model).
It will feature Amazon Alexa for commanding various in-car functions and you can send instructions to it from the comfort of your home.
Although, as I noticed earlier today, some of the physical buttons have vanished - refer quote from What Car? below :(
The screen resolution and layout is far sharper and more up-to-date than the arcade quality screen currently available in the Qashqai. The home screen uses a tile layout similar to BMW’s iDrive, with a row of on-screen shortcuts down the side of the screen closest to the driver as per what you’ll find on an Audi Q3. It all works far faster than before too, and bodes well for ease of use on the move, although we do lament the fact that the simple volume and radio knobs of the old screen have vanished.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2022-nissa ... ate/n24308
xaote

Post by xaote »

Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:13 pm According to What Car? the new (and larger) infotainment screen will be 12.3" (previously 9" or 8" depending on model).
It will feature Amazon Alexa for commanding various in-car functions and you can send instructions to it from the comfort of your home.
Although, as I noticed earlier today, some of the physical buttons have vanished - refer quote from What Car? below :(
The screen resolution and layout is far sharper and more up-to-date than the arcade quality screen currently available in the Qashqai. The home screen uses a tile layout similar to BMW’s iDrive, with a row of on-screen shortcuts down the side of the screen closest to the driver as per what you’ll find on an Audi Q3. It all works far faster than before too, and bodes well for ease of use on the move, although we do lament the fact that the simple volume and radio knobs of the old screen have vanished.

https://www.whatcar.com/news/2022-nissa ... ate/n24308
Having physical buttons was one of the deciding factors when I ordered the QQ, compared to the Hyundai tuscon for instance.

Personally, I think the lack of buttons is dangerous, it takes far too much time and attention changing controls on a screen
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

This looks like the Ariya infotainment system and far better at that !
I always thought the 9" system would soon be abandoned since there was ample space for a bigger one.
I hope we can even upgrade our small QQ J12 ... 9 inch infotainment system, but I very much doubt this will prove possible.
This new system looks a bit like the one of the new Peugeot 308 and others ... most new models now offer 12.3 inch infotainment screens.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Reference the video, can you trust anyone who say "...more greener..." and states a combined engine power - when it's not "combined", simply the electric motor power...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
FlyingTiger

Post by FlyingTiger »

With my N-Connector 1.2 auto now 7 years old and just showing signs of it age, I have ordered an N-Connector E-Power, delivery mid-September. My order is on the provision that if I don't like it then I walk away and deposit refunded. I got a really good deal, big discount under 'Nissan Loyalty' whatever that really is, they just chucked discounts at me . I guess they need a sale too. The E-Power ticks most of the boxes for me. I did consider a true EV but until the EV infrastructure is improved this will do for me for a few years and the Ariya has proved itself.
72 plate, N-Connector e-Power, Burgundy