Fiberglass splinters from parcel shelf

Bodywork & Interior problems
dnlwlsn
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by dnlwlsn »

👋 Hi all,

I'm getting fiberglass splinters from the underside of the parcel shelf (and potentially from the trunk liner) of a new Qashqai - is anyone aware of a recall or remediation?

I've had about ten in the last week, as it only occurred to me that the splinters were from the parcel shelf (and not what I was putting in / taking out the boot) yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated 👍

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum.

No idea what the problem might be but in your place I would be back at the dealership by now
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Satman

Post by Satman »

I am suffering from the same problem itchy hands and eyes after handling the parcel shelf over the weekend.

I own a Nissan Qashqai E-power Tekna plus Gunmetal Grey 5 week's old, I previously owned three Qashqai’s with no problems with parcel shelf or the plastic chrome trim that is another story.

I contacted Nissan UK complaints department as it is difficult to get into my local Nissan dealership as they are making improvements.

I explained the problem re the parcel shelf it is hazard to my health, they said they would pass on my concerns and comment's to another department and would be in touch, they would also pass my concerns and comments on to my local Nissan dealership, watch this space.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Post a picture to Nissan via social media; that'll get their attention.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D