Problem with Qashqai

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
ilkka
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ilkka »

Since you asked QaiFan :D My experience with my AWD tekna+ and Finnish winter: 97% positive. The car is great in snow, handles really well and there hasn't been any loss of traction. While in my old J10 I was constantly spinning wheels when moving from lights and crossroads, not a single time in my J12. AWD really helps there. Also heated windscreen and steering wheel are so great and nice to have features. Helps a ton if your windscreen is frozen.

And as my negatives, my biggest negative point is with the intelligent lane intervention in situations like in this linked photo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:High ... inland.jpg. Specifically meaning the area where asphalt meets the snow in the tire tracks that have formed. Sometimes lane intervention sees that as a line and starts steering you back to "center" of the lane, which actually isn't a center since it sees the edge of the snow. This has caused some annoyances and I have had to turn it off from the quick menu.

I have also had few times when intelligent lane intervention and intelligent emergency braking have turned itself off because the camera has been obstructed. This has been because there has been condensation on the glass where the camera sits. I also noticed that Nissan has put few heater elements in there, so you can just turn your windscreen heater on and problem disappeared in less than a minute.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you so much ilkka, truly appreciated !
Good to know that the new qashqai is not causing too many issues in adverse weather conditions !
Just one more question please ... didn't you get any of the many potential error messages yet, like "engine failure", "Start/Stop failure" ... ?
If there is ever a place where I would guess these are more likely to happen then it is ... where you live !?
Thanks
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Not a single error message, my car behaves really nicely and hasn't given me any errors like some others have gotten.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

ilkka wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 pm ... hasn't given me any errors like some others have gotten.
That's nice to read ilkka !
3bl

Post by 3bl »

Got the same problem. It was diagnosed for the steering wheel replacement. I am waiting the part to arrive.
willip10

Post by willip10 »

willip10 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 pm Well.... I have had the Qashqai now since just before Xmas and around 50 % of the time I get the error below when using Pro-Pilot it seems to be worse after a lot of rain but can happen at anytime. If Pro-Pilot is not used the car works as expected in all other areas, it's just Pro-Pilot that has the issue.

(Qashqai 4WD Tekna Plus Auto)

Image from iOS.jpg

It's going in on Monday 31st for an investigation to try to find out why it's happening.
I will let you know what they find in due course.

For anyone waiting for these cars, I love this car, it really is brilliant to drive, and I would have no issues recommending it to anyone.
Car went in yesterday and they found a fault with either the steering wheel or steering wheel switches so they have ordered both, This is the third one they have had to change to I think it's a fault that is well known about.
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna + 158 - Fugi Sunset Red / Black Roof Auto 4WD
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

3bl - welcome to this forum.

Interesting to hear that steering wheels now appear to be a problem for J12s. With Nissan's problems never end? They had plenty of time to sort things out in the delayed launch period.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
3bl

Post by 3bl »

Thanks for the welcome!

They have changed the steering wheel but the problem is back. Now the car is in the garage and I’m driving a replacement vehicle. 👎

Now they are waiting for a new part which should solve.

Interesting is that I don’t see any vehicle available for purchase with the ProPilot function. Maybe it’s just the coincidence…

In the meantime, I’ve got the Battery Management Fault so they had to reprogram the software which fixed the issue.
willip10

Post by willip10 »

3bl wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm Thanks for the welcome!

They have changed the steering wheel but the problem is back. Now the car is in the garage and I’m driving a replacement vehicle. 👎

Now they are waiting for a new part which should solve.

Interesting is that I don’t see any vehicle available for purchase with the ProPilot function. Maybe it’s just the coincidence…

In the meantime, I’ve got the Battery Management Fault so they had to reprogram the software which fixed the issue.
Hi what was the issue they found? Mines going in next week to have the steering wheel changed hopefully to fix the issue
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna + 158 - Fugi Sunset Red / Black Roof Auto 4WD
genethomas

Post by genethomas »

My 71plate Tekna been in the dealership today with a Propilot fault.

They said where were fault codes which they cleared and remapped it. Because of time they couldn't road test it. I did on my way home and there's still a fault.

Guess I'll be calling them next week.

20220303_185813.jpg

71 Plate 1.3 158ps Tekna Bose 4WD