FAQ: Electric windows with Stop/Start button/iKey

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It has been commented several times that when you switch off the engine, you are unable to close the Windows. This is because when you press the stop/start button to switch off the engine, it also turns off the ignition, thus disabling power to the windows. It has been a design for many, many years that with the ignition off, power windows do not operate. If you accidently leave the windows open and you have stopped the engine, you can turn on the ignition without turning the engine on by not touching the clutch/brake AND pressing the stop/start button. This will turn on the ignition but will not start the engine to enable you to wind up your windows. It is presently not a function of the car to have automatic closing on locking, or via any other button other than those on the door itself.

bobmurdy

Post by bobmurdy »

There maybe differences in models but on my Acenta Premium, if you turn the ignition off with the windows left open, you have a couple of minutes to operate the window operation button and they will close. I also find that if you do not touch the pedals but hit the stop start button once it will allow you to operate the window switch without starting the car. Hope this helps.
Bob
teknaalltheway

Post by teknaalltheway »

Manual says you can open and close the windows with your key
I haven't tried it but pretty standard these days
Tekna woo whooo
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not on my QQ
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Nor mine!
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Or mine ....
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Acedvds did a kit for the previous model that would close any open windows when you locked the car, dont know if he does one for the new model. It was just a plug in module behind the door card, I had it on my 1st QQ but didnt bother tranferring it to my 2nd as you couldnt leave a window slightly open for dogs etc.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
Deleted User 759

[quote="teknaalltheway"]Manual says you can open and close the windows with your keyI haven't tried it but pretty standard these days[/QUOTE]
Interesting, could you please provide: 1. The page this is on in the QQ book2. The exact wording you are reading3. Please test and report back4. Please state when you picked up your QQ. I wonder if this is a feature they have kept quiet about in the refresh? Thanks
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hm, on mine, windows close automatically when I lock the car http://youtu.be/yX9wEt38DtU
duncho2014-12-02 18:06:03
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

I have just read my manual (window and iKey section) and there is no reference to automatic window closing. I am also confident my windows do not automatically close. I do have the "early" model however so I wonder if this is a feature that was introduced with the refresh (I see that you have auto folding mirrors which came in with the refresh...)?
SplanK2014-12-02 19:38:52