J12 Dashcam

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Roland
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Roland »

Thanks ilkka,
I'll attempt later when the weather gets warmer.

ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

ilkka wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:39 pm
Roland wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:27 pm Yes you are right its the cableing route i'll have a closer look when the weather gets a bit warmer, i just wondered if anybody on the forum had already fitted one.
I have. Basically you have to route the cable to rear camera from left or right corner of the back of the car and pull the cable through to inside the boot door.

Circled in red is the part you have to remove, attached with clips so it comes out easily. Circled in green is the part where you can pull the cable through. The "pipe" comes off just by pulling it and you pull the cable through. I had to use one of those flexible curtain rods to pull it through the pipe.

0-982880.jpg

Next step is to take off a small plastic hole cover that is on top of the glass, in the middle. Then you somehow pull the cable through there, I used the flexible curtain rod again in this. Took me a bit of time to get it there, but eventually I got it. Now the cable comes out cleanly to center of the glass from above. I think Nissan must have planned on this, since that hole is there.
Hi,

How did you remove the part circled in red and the hole above the glass?

Any tutorial available?

Please advise.

Thanks

Sal
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

ST09 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:05 pm
Roland wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:27 pm Yes you are right its the cableing route i'll have a closer look when the weather gets a bit warmer, i just wondered if anybody on the forum had already fitted one.
I have. Basically you have to route the cable to rear camera from left or right corner of the back of the car and pull the cable through to inside the boot door.

Circled in red is the part you have to remove, attached with clips so it comes out easily. Circled in green is the part where you can pull the cable through. The "pipe" comes off just by pulling it and you pull the cable through. I had to use one of those flexible curtain rods to pull it through the pipe.

0-982880.jpg

Next step is to take off a small plastic hole cover that is on top of the glass, in the middle. Then you somehow pull the cable through there, I used the flexible curtain rod again in this. Took me a bit of time to get it there, but eventually I got it. Now the cable comes out cleanly to center of the glass from above. I think Nissan must have planned on this, since that hole is there.
Hi,

Any tutorial available?

Please advise.

Thanks

Sal
I think I just started lifting it from one of the edges with the part circled in red. I might have used this tool that came with my dashcam to get the edges to lift up slightly so I can put my fingers under it and start lifting it away: https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvu ... on-helper/

I used the same tool to take off the plastic cover on top of glass. Similar plastic tools work as well if you don't have blackvue specific one.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
ST09

Post by ST09 »

ilkka wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:20 am
ST09 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:05 pm

0-982880.jpg

Hi,

Any tutorial available?

Please advise.

Thanks

Sal
I think I just started lifting it from one of the edges with the part circled in red. I might have used this tool that came with my dashcam to get the edges to lift up slightly so I can put my fingers under it and start lifting it away: https://www.thedashcamstore.com/blackvu ... on-helper/

I used the same tool to take off the plastic cover on top of glass. Similar plastic tools work as well if you don't have blackvue specific one.
Thanks.

Yeah i tried to pull it from the bottom corner nearer to the rear light but it was a really tight fit. I have set of trim tools including that one will give it a go again. Scared to break the clips etc lol.
dwaviation

Post by dwaviation »

There is an Epower Techna in the showroom at Blackpool with the Nissan dashcam fitted just to the left of the mirror. It looks good and I have ordered it for my Techna which arrives hopefully this month...
highpeakrider

Post by highpeakrider »

In a J12 with glass roof have people installed over the roof or along the bottom of the floor and into the boot?
Not sure if I'm doing a self install or get Halfords or someone to do it.
chong168

Post by chong168 »

I ran mine along the side of the roof, into the rear piller and into the top of the boot door.